THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    New (to me) Army & Navy double - .577NE

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (to me) Army & Navy double - .577NE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got a new to new (and looks like new) Army & Navy double rifle. Anyone have thoughts on history or origin?. I'm going to send an email off to Glasgow to see if they have records tomorrow.

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
And I just figured out how to add more than one picture to a post. Sorry.

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
That is one nice looking rifle. Where did ya find it? Have fun with it.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Great looking double!

If you take .orig.jpg off the end of your image station link the pics will be visible to everyone. Here is an example with your first pic. You have a rifle to treasure there.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
bradhe,

There are three sizes of pictures on Imagestation.

The thumbnail size,

the standard size and

the original size.

What you have posted are the original size pictures, which are too large to export from Imagestation to another website.

What you want to post is the standard size pics.

Look at the URL of the pics and if it ends in ".jpg.thumb.jpg" then it is the thumbail pic.

If it ends in just ".jpg" then it is the standard size pic.

If it ends in ".jpg.orig.jpg" then it is the original size pic.

Go to the "Edit" for each of your posts above and delete the ".orig.jpg" from each picture's URL.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a great old gun, wow! Army-Navy is probably my choice of old English using doubles..I have had such good luck with them...and in a 577, that's a find.

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help on pictures - now fixed

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle.
Where did you get it ?
And as you Americans say " How much"

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
<Belarus>
posted
Everytime I see something like this it gives me more incentice to save and acquire a Double myself. I think you have a nice "new" double there bradhe. When you get some info on it let us know. In the meantime, I'll continue to save for my eventual double rifle purchase.

Congrats,
Eric

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice old gun. The color case-hardening is outstanding for an older set of doubles. Have you shot it yet? How much does it weigh?

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That gun looks so perfect I wonder if it has been restored. In any event, it is quite a find and should be a wonderful rifle.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeeet, I want one just like it!.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 grs.,
I'm sure its been restored, as you well know most of them have..back then it was common practice to have a gun redone every year...

Whoever did the work on this one certainly did a nice job on the color case and a decent enough blacking...I would send the barrels to Doug Turnbull for his wonderful rust blue...

But hey, its a darn neat gun as is, I'd give my a$$ and all of Georgia for it...I have always wanted to shoot a Buff with a 577 or 600..

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote