Notify
Tools

Re: Black impala...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I found some reference to them:

Nestling near the Little Brac River in the Outeniqua Mountains, close to the Indian Ocean can be found a beautiful valley. It is in this setting that a third generation veterinary doctor and game farmer has his private game reserve. He rears wild animals with the surplus being sold to developing game farms. Breeding programmes ensure rare breeds such as the Black Impala don't become extinct. 80 Black Impala have been successfully raised on this reserve to boost the world numbers to 400.

Found this photo on a wildlife rehab site (WIldcare Africa):

That is one of the best photos I have seen of them.

A link to discussion concerning "freak" color variants.

African Conservation Forums

Another, not so good photo but shows some pinch head rams:

These are bred at Botlierskop Private Game Reserve Black Impala

I see Blaauwkrantz Safaris offers them POR. Looks like the hunt occurs on Botlierskop.

Posts: 19548 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Please keep me in mind if you ever hear of a area to hunt them, at a fare price!

Thanks Ann!

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo of a ram (poor quality) that I took near Atherstone. He is in a 200 acre enclosure being bred. The fence should give you an idea what he's worth.

Posts: 1521 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sell hunts on these on a large game farm in RSA contact james williamson at kubusi safaris

kubusisafaris@stutt.co.za

please tell him i sent you cos i'm his asia pacific agent.thanks.

guy hoh

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have only seen a few photos of them and that was quite some time ago. The ones I saw were of does, not any rams so I cannot say if any were of trophy quality. I will bet you'll pay a small fortune to kill one.

Posts: 19548 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IT was 10K to hunt one last year. Obviously I passed!

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I did some checking into hunting one of those Black Implalas, it's still 10 grand! I also passed on it!!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
They really are beautiful. Too bad the price is so ugly.

one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
This is why I was asking...

We don't have enough rams to hunt, but when we do, we were wondering what to charge. They were not cheap to get ahold of!

Hair, not Air!
Rob Martin

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote