New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't think its a good idea, you might get the wrong African Customs Agent confused and when you confuse them they get very agitated..Just my opine.

Better safe than sorry....

Posts: 42028 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What Ray said...I would use two different MTM plastic boxes and label each ammo type accordingly. I was in JIA in June, and it was not too difficult to irritate them with something out of the ordinary. Keep is easy to understand and simple to the uneducated eye. Why take the risk?

Posts: 180 | Location: Mt. Vernon,Ohio, USA | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever packed two different calibers in the same box for transport to Africa? I am taking 338 and 375, both are hand loads and I use the plastic boxes. Sometimes the 50 rd and sometimes the 20 rd containers. This year because of taking odd numbers it would be easier to have the 2 different cal. in one box. Am I looking for problems?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote