Find
Notify
Tools

Leopards of the Lowveldt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Who are regarded as the "Cat Men" that hunt leopard in Zim's lowveldt? Of these, who will be in Reno this year?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

The Mokore crew will be there. The youngest and least expereinced member of the crew is Neil Duckworth with 9 years of DG hunting. I asked him about a year ago what his stats were for leopards on the Save. He said that 20 of his last 22 clients had shot their tom leopards with him going from 130-180 plus pounds. Those stats include people that missed, were looking for one of the real monster leopards found there, hunted very late season and on the full moon. Given these numbers it would be hard to imagine you would not be successful.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
johnathan hulme of zambezi hunters is excellent and will be at reno , as will norman crooks who is also excellent...niel duckworth is also excellent and will be there

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark and Ivan. I'll try and speak with each of them.

Does anyone know any thing about Mbalabala Safaris?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See John Sharp of John Sharp Safaris. He will be at SCI Reno. He always seems to produces good leopards and is great to be with on safari. I have hunted with him twice and will hunt with him again when leopard is on my list.

Posts: 385 | Location: So. Nevada | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is John Sharp's website.

http://www.john-sharp-safaris.com/

Posts: 385 | Location: So. Nevada | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr. Tim Burkhart
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for Jonathan Hulme of Zambezi Hunters, if you want a great big old leopard. He can put you onto one.

See my hunt report from 2006.

#43 in the SCI book. He will be at Reno booth #2744.

TJB

Posts: 166 | Location: Caledonia, Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Charlie Stanton of Zimbabwe's Mbalabala Safaris is one of the top guys but will only be going to the Aus SCI Show.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of megsdad
posted Hide Post
Another vote for John Sharp. Hunted PG with him in 2007. He is recognized worldwide for his leopard hunts. Check out his website and talk to him in Reno.

Posts: 104 | Location: so oregon | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Zim has some very good catmen and John Sharp and Lou Hallamore are two of the very best. If you want to get full enjoyment of the entire hunt you might like to read Lou's books.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another vote for Norm Crooks, he has great sucess on those tough ranch cats in S Zim.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Theo Bronkhorst of Bushman Safaris will be at Reno, He will be sharing a booth with Nico Laurens of So, Africa. Excellant hounds with good success rate in the Turk Mine area.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumbo moore will be there - but i think he's letting his zim concessions go

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
jumbo moore - i think he's letting his zim concessions go

This was not the case in November. He was adamant that he still has the ARDA Concession.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Brent Hein is hunting Lemco and has produced excellent results on leopard and lion. I have taken both with him. He'll be at Reno, booth 19.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gordon Duncan and Glen Stockill of Shaangan Safaris will be in Reno and they are pretty good.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote