Notify
Tools

Guns through London/Heathrow
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted
Hello All,

I know it has been said in the past to avoid Heathrow at all costs, however I have a friend that will be spending a couple of days in London on his way to Tanzania. Do any of you know of a Porter/Storage company to hold his rifles while in London? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
We used Bunduki last month. No problems at all (although quite expensive). Mark Young may have a line on another bonded courier that is less expensive.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BOWHUNR

PDQ Freight Ltd can handle it for your friend. You can reach them at colin@pdq.uk.com I used them last year and was very happy.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Zim 2 hours ago. There is an airline stewardess strike on SAA and I was rerouted through Heathrow after a two day delay in Harare. Spent most of those two days talking to Boddington, who some how managed to be directly in front of me in line both days. All I can tell you is that If you want to know what it was like, go have a root canal done without the local anesthetic. However New York JFK wasn't much better.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Geronomo,

Your case is unique, I can assure you that taking firearms into Heathrow and leaving them with a bonded courier and getting them back on the plane to Africa required very little extra time or effort on my part.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Geronomo: I had the opportunity a couple of years ago to spend some time with Craig Boddington on the way back to Atlanta from Jo'burg. Was a great guy to visit with and talk to. He had his daughter Brittany and her girlfriend on their first African Safari. He's not only a great writer but a great guy to talk with.

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry and Mark. This will be a great help.

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from Zambia via Chicago/Heathrow/Lusaka in both directions. Flew Business Class and the planes and service were great. Only problem is that we lost one bag for 13 days. I believe the problem was no follow up by Zambia BA personel. The only thing is that you have to clearly declare everything to BA about your guns but the flight in the sleeping chairs were fabulous.

Spent day in London on the way over and spent the night just outside of Heathrow on the way back with no problems. Just a point of clarification. American Airlines lost my guns and another bag between Chicago and OKC. I received both the next day.

Sprig.

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote