Notify
Tools

Dallas Safari Club Convention
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Ya'll:

I changed my plans and will be brining my father to DSC instead of SCI this year so I can see some DRSS friends.

Question:

What hotel should we stay at?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
ALRIGHTY! Look forward to seeing you and meeting your dad!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rusty!

I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll again! I had such a great time in Crowell!

My old man is looking forward to meeting everyone too...and he'll be an "official" member of the DRSS after the first of the year!

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Marriot Suites Market Center it is just around the corner from the convention...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best Western Market Center

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Marriot Suites Market Square it is just around the corner from the convention...

Mike

Mike,
Marriott Suites Market Center, Market Center not Market Square. Hey, you were close. Wink

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Thank you for the heads up...,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
what's the dates on this show. All of you talking about it, I'm going to see if I can make it. Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Dates?

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ron, from January 27th thru Sunday the 29th...

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there as always, and retreever, I will look you up and shake your hand for winning the AR hunt, and buy you a drink if you will let me! beer

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hell!

I think retreever should be buying the drinks!!!
beer

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that Retreever will bring an ample contribution to my suite for the cocktail party. Last year, both he and I had some homemade sausage that was eaten up in just a few minutes. Better get there early.

I'm still trying to get a "party" room so that we won't be as crowded as in years past, but they say they are "full".... I'll keep trying, but the "suites" will do just fine if that's all we have.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
it was a joke directed to Mike!

Widowmaker416

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
And my response was a not too subtle attempt to manipulate him into bringing some good whiskey to the party... Big Grin

Ya'll come!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Got ya Judge! thumb

Widowmaker416

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I hope I can make the party too! wave

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Ann:

Rest assured if you bring some of the "Blue" gin that Dr. George won't be there to drink it up!

We'll be looking forward to you telling your story of the leopard!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just looking over the new issue of Camptalk. I notice OoA is not on the auction list. It would appear ethics are not a problem at DSC. ( I am a life member ).....................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ron,

Yes I will buy you a drink but I will charge you for the homemade kielbasi and homemade horshradish and homemade orange bread...
We will have a great time....

RB , thank you and looking forward to meeting you and all of my AR friends..

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be there.
Judge G, don't tell me Ann drinks Sapphire??
Good stuff.

PS: GREAT whisky does not have an "e" in it, and comes from Scotland, the Isle of Islay to be exact. thumb Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Ann occasionally enjoys some of the finer things in life... like fishing with me and Sapphire gin..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because of the SCI/OoA snafu I will be attending Dallas this year instead of Reno. I look forward to meeting all you guys. What can I bring? I have a bottle of Amarula I would gladly donate to the cause.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
A few weeks before Dallas I'll start a thread and seek a few donations/volunteers... For instance, I was treated to a limo ride (actually a Z-71) to the liquor store on Friday afternoon... Several guys brought their favorite libation, Retreever the sausage, etc.

We'll have a good time!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes I will buy you a drink but I will charge you for the homemade kielbasi and homemade horshradish adn homemade orange bread...

Mike,

Will they let you on the plane with that stuff? They sound so tasty, it wouldn't surprise if TSA 'confiscated' them. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
Because of the SCI/OoA snafu I will be attending Dallas this year instead of Reno. I look forward to meeting all you guys. What can I bring? I have a bottle of Amarula I would gladly donate to the cause.

465H&H

Perhaps before you write off SCI because of the "Ooa snafu," as you put it, you shoud check to see how the two organizations differ on the subject. I can not find any donation hunt by Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris listed in the Auction preview for SCI. Dallas club seems not to have a donation from them either. BOTH clubs list OoAAS as an exhibitor. How does this make the Dallas club occupy higher moral ground? If I am wrong, supply me with a link to a donation hunt being auctioned off by SCI in Reno.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This convention in Dallas is Jan 27th-29th, correct?

What other such conventions are there throughout the year? And where are they? What are the dates? I'd love to attend one some day, especially if they have any in the western states.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
George it is all in my carryon and vacuum packed

to keep the aroma away from the hungry...

Mike

posted Hide Post
quote:
George it is all in my carryon and vacuum packed

to keep the arouma away from the hungry...

Mike

Clever man! thumb

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PATRKYHNTR

Hope your right about SCI not taking a donation from OoA. At this point I'll still make my point to SCI and hope it gets to someone that counts.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike!

what flight are you on, if I can go I'll ride out with you and we'll sample your goods!!! Big Grin

yankees yankees yankees

Widowmaker416

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge,

I am trying to re-arrange my schedule so I can take you to the liquor store again and I hope to actually make it to the party this time.

Scott

Posts: 308 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me! I'm hoping to get there Friday about noon as I did last year. E-mail me with your phone particulars, please.

properfistmele@hotmail.com

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ron,

I am flying from AVP 6:15am to Detroit 8:50am NW Airlines flight #705 To DFW..

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be staying in the Marriott Suites and am a DRSS wannabe (I just have to figure out how to justify the $10K.) I promise to bring a good single malt if there is any chance of getting a party invitation.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lhook7
Consider your self invited. Just bring a good Single Malt, AND @ $10,000. We will help you drink your whisky and find you a good double. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lhook7,
You can't find a better bunch of guys to help you spend your money and drink your whisky! The DRSS will be glad to assist!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Lhook7
Consider your self invited. Just bring a good Single Malt, AND @ $10,000. We will help you drink your whisky and find you a good double. Big Grin

Thanks for the invitation. I only have one question: Would it be possible for me to be an assiciate member if I show up with $5,000 and a premium blended Scotch? lol

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge:

If I'm invited to your get together, can I send you a check help out with stocking your bar???

Anyone flying to DFW from Washington Reagan Airport (DCA) on Friday?

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm flying in Friday morning and renting a car. If you need a lift I'll be gald to help!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right now I'm holding tickets on American Airlines, departing DCA at 9:53 AM, arriving DFW at 12:20 PM.

577NitroExpress