New
Find
Notify
Tools

how much is ZAR...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm heading to RSA in early April. I plan to stay at Afton House the night in and the night before I leave. How much is ZAR 750 in yankee dollars?

Thanks,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
$98.00 USD as of today

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Not all the world runs on USA dollars so you will find this helpful

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just remember to line each of your pockets with a few USD. Seems like everyone is looking for a tip. If you reach into your pocket and pull out a few bucks they will be happy, but if you pull out a handfull of 5's, 10's or 20's they will be wanting more.
Also, who did you end up booking with? I know you had a short list a while back. Also what is your primary "wish list"? P.M. if you will.
Good Hunting and send pictures when you return.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ISS:

Try www.oanda.com

Good site for conversions.

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you all. I am staying the afternoon I get to Jo-Berg night, and the last night out before heading back the morning of the 22nd. The price seems very reasonable; and of course one is not considered to be squat unless one has stayed with Louis and Analise at least once.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
If your going to tip, buy a few Rands (That's the local South African currency) before you leave. The porters etc will happily take R5-10 which is a lot less than US$5-10.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another cool trick;

Go to Google.com and type the following into the search field

"750 ZAR in USD"

an then click the "search" button.

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by umshiniwam:

"750 ZAR in USD"

Hey Umshiniwam...

Do you mean like this?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ZAR+750+in+USD

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kayaker:
quote:
Originally posted by umshiniwam:

"750 ZAR in USD"

Hey Umshiniwam...

Do you mean like this?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ZAR+750+in+USD

Nice. rotflmo I'll have to remember that one as it is not as harsh at the picture I sometimes post of Samuel Jackson from the Pulp Fiction scene whereby he is pointing a gun at you and the caption reads "Google Mother******. Do you use it?"

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
Here's a currency converter web site.
www.xe.com/ucc/

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote