Notify
Tools

Proposed Ban Introduced
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted
From U.S. Congressman Sheila Jackson Lee

“Today, in partnership with Congressman Ted Lieu, I introduced legislation to keep rare and threatened species safe from senseless trophy hunting. The “Prohibiting Threatened and Endangered Creature Trophies Act of 2018” (ProTECT Act) amends the Endangered Species Act (ESA) of 1973 to prohibit the taking of any endangered species or threatened species of wildlife or fish in the United States as a trophy and the importation of any such trophy into the United States.

“The ProTECT Act of 2018 ensures that all acts of senseless and perilous trophy killings are prohibited under the Endangered Species Act. I was in Africa when the iconic Cecil the Lion, was murdered for sport. It is a disgrace that this act was committed by an American – with his lack of respect for these wondrous animals and the preservation of our wildlife reverberating across the world. With growing support and awareness of the need to protect ecosystem and a greater need for compassion of animal welfare issues, we hope that this legislative effort will be signed into law by the President, rescinding his pro-trophy hunting directive from March of this year.”

Support for the Prohibiting Threatened and Endangered Creature Trophies (ProTECT) Act:
“Born Free USA commends Reps. Sheila Jackson Lee and Ted Lieu for introducing the ProTECT Act. The ProTECT Act affirms what Born Free has long maintained: trophy hunting is a blood-sport, not a method of wildlife conservation.

"We welcome the introduction of this important legislation, which not only seeks to put into place important protections for wildlife, but also reflects the opinion of the vast majority of Americans who oppose trophy hunting.” – Prashant K. Khetan, CEO & General Counsel of Born Free USA

“The ProTECT Act will ensure imperiled wildlife are protected, not killed for their horns or other parts to become mere decorations. We applaud Reps. Lieu and Jackson Lee for leading congressional efforts to end rewarding cruel and misguided trophy hunting of these majestic animals.” – Sara Amundson, President of the Humane Society Legislative Fund

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Poachers and Ivory smugglers please note.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Poachers and Ivory smugglers please note.

I sometimes wonder if poachers are actually paying the salaries of these clueless idiot!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68620 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As everywhere the problem is not the idiotic politicians but our own countrymen who entrust our futures to them.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:
From U.S. Congressman Ted LIEU

“Today, in partnership with Congressman Ted Lieu, I introduced legislation to keep rare and threatened species safe from senseless trophy hunting. The “Prohibiting Threatened and Endangered Creature Trophies Act of 2018” (ProTECT Act) amends the Endangered Species Act (ESA) of 1973 to prohibit the taking of any endangered species or threatened species of wildlife or fish in the United States as a trophy and the importation of any such trophy into the United States.

“The ProTECT Act of 2018 ensures that all acts of senseless and perilous trophy killings are prohibited under the Endangered Species Act. I was in Africa when the iconic Cecil the Lion, was murdered for sport. It is a disgrace that this act was committed by an American – with his lack of respect for these wondrous animals and the preservation of our wildlife reverberating across the world. With growing support and awareness of the need to protect ecosystem and a greater need for compassion of animal welfare issues, we hope that this legislative effort will be signed into law by the President, rescinding his pro-trophy hunting directive from March of this year.”

Support for the Prohibiting Threatened and Endangered Creature Trophies (ProTECT) Act:
“Born Free USA commends Reps. Sheila Jackson Lee and Ted Lieu for introducing the ProTECT Act. The ProTECT Act affirms what Born Free has long maintained: trophy hunting is a blood-sport, not a method of wildlife conservation.

"We welcome the introduction of this important legislation, which not only seeks to put into place important protections for wildlife, but also reflects the opinion of the vast majority of Americans who oppose trophy hunting.” – Prashant K. Khetan, CEO & General Counsel of Born Free USA

“The ProTECT Act will ensure imperiled wildlife are protected, not killed for their horns or other parts to become mere decorations. We applaud Reps. Lieu and Jackson Lee for leading congressional efforts to end rewarding cruel and misguided trophy hunting of these majestic animals.” – Sara Amundson, President of the Humane Society Legislative Fund

Who's the "I" in the above bold?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee from Texas.

Link

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
This, unfortunately, being the same Sheila Jackson Lee, who when informed of the Mars rover successful landing and subsequent transmission of photo's years ago, asked if it would be going to the location where the Astronauts had planted the flag! Sad, but true.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There is not a single elected idiot in America who does work for the benefit of his of her voters.

They all work for whoever is paying higher “sponsorship” fees!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68620 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

I screwed the pooch a bit; it's Jackson Lee. I just changed it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't think for a second that the antis will be satisfied with this one. Sheilla Jackson Lee may be the dimmest bulb on the chandelier. What amazes me is that some who call themselves hunters will see no problem with such crap. So long as it doesn't keep them from hunting deer, they will be ok with it.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
Sheilla Jackson Lee may be the dimmest bulb on the chandelier.

I wonder how the hell Texans can continue to put her into office. She must obviously reside in a very protected district that votes BLUE.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Houston I believe Tony.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Houston I believe Tony.

That makes sense. I assumed the district was in a big city.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I wonder how the hell Texans can continue to put her into office. She must obviously reside in a very protected district that votes BLUE.

A very black district that votes ONLY blue. It is very sad.

https://search.aol.com/aol/ima...trict&v_t=loki-tb-sb

A picture of her congressional district.....democrat jerrymandering at it's very best......

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
This, unfortunately, being the same Sheila Jackson Lee, who when informed of the Mars rover successful landing and subsequent transmission of photo's years ago, asked if it would be going to the location where the Astronauts had planted the flag! Sad, but true.

She also thinks the US constitution was written 400 years ago, and that there are still a north and south Viet Nam. As pointed out, not the brightest bulb in the light fixture. But in her favor, she wasn't afraid Guam would tip over if too many Marines were stationed there.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hogfarmer:
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:

She also thinks the US constitution was written 400 years ago, and that there are still a north and south Viet Nam. As pointed out, not the brightest bulb in the light fixture. But in her favor, she wasn't afraid Guam would tip over if too many Marines were stationed there.

Boy howdy, that Guam capsizing episode was some good comedy.

Check out this idiot

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee from Texas.

That explains everything.
Living next door in Louisiana I can't afford to sling any mud, it would probably just bounce back and hit me in the face!
Actually, I dearly love Texas, but they have their problem children too.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Many of us Texans wonder the same thing about Arizona and John McCain!

Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheila Jackson Lee is an idiot. I bet she really does not give a hoot about trophy hunting. She is being paid by Antis.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Many of us Texans wonder the same thing about Arizona and John McCain! Wink

Agree totally. That's why I didn't vote for him the last two times he ran.

Now, I wonder who is worse -- Jackson Lee or Maxine Waters from Dipshit Central. barf

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, what a three of the kind

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What shameful political posturing.

Posts: 10969 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With SJL, it's a case of if "rich" white folks do it, she's against it. It plays to her base.

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
There is not a single elected idiot in America who does work for the benefit of his of her voters.

An idiot voted by idiots - what more could you expect?

Posts: 2031 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
killpc

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only silver lining in this is that it proves that not ALL the idiots live in Kalifornia!

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
She's up there intelligence wise with the rep from GA who was worried Guam might capsize.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shelia Jackson Lee surely rates in the top three in the House of Representatives. But the guy from Georgia is the clear winner. I have a Labrador that knows more than that guy.

Posts: 763 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could congresswoman Lee be dumber than another democrat congressman that awhile back was afraid that the island of Guam would flip-over due to the weight of having too many people on it?

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post