Tools

Impressive African predator at work
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1e1_1221177661

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fortunately they aren't 2000 lbs..... Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
Fortunately they aren't 2000 lbs..... Big Grin

Or even 200-lbs!! shocker

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or even 200-lbs!!

No problem...I'm 200 and I think I could take em!! hillbilly

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
We came across a honey badger that had killed about a 3 foot monitor lizard while hunting nyala along a dense dry riverbed one morning in KZN. As always, I ran off and left the camera in the truck. When I first heard him, he wasn't but about 15 yards away travelling the same direction we were headed. He kept coing until he got down wind of us, looked in our direction, dropped his breakfast and hauled ass. We followed/tracked him about 50-100 yards when we saw him coming back for his meal. He smelled us again and took off, never to be seen by us again. Really a neat animal.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of my ex-sister in law...

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This Badger is tough, but Karl Stumpfe

is TOUGHER based on HIS recent
bare handed kill!!! salute

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would be an interesting animal to hunt.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Or even 200-lbs!!

jumping jumping jumping

I'd pay heavily to watch that match! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KG:

OK, I may be a Yankee fan but I am appealing for confirmation of something. (Remember we did knock off Tampa Bay a few times and that helps Boston right now,right?) Smiler Is that a badger? (Being from our part of the country I never saw one) I always heard that the badger was hell on wheels in a fight. Now I love him! -because he kills snakes -and I was bitten by a copperhead at age 6 -so I never have been too fond of that part of the reptile kingdom.

Regards

Gerry

Posts: 46 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 06 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We came within a few yards of one in Chirisa while driving in the truck.I should have taken a zoom camera lens with me that way I would have taken a picture.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd pay heavily to watch that match!

Odds..?? Big Grin

Do I get any "weapons" or just my razor sharp wit...?? hillbilly

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think you better select a weapon, your wit is getting a little dull, if you fight that thing with your bare hands! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
They're a great animal to hunt, and they make a great trophy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'd pay heavily to watch that match!

Odds..?? Big Grin

Just what a PH needs! A badger that developed a taste for white hunters!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

I think you better select a weapon, your wit is getting a little dull, if you fight that thing with your bare hands! Big Grin

I've selected my weapon MacD..!! I'm ready when you have located a willing Badger..!! Should you phone Don King so your Badger has proper representation..??

popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
..."There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular---it goes straight for the groin. It has a lot in common with the modern American woman."

Robert Ruark

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsibindi:
..."There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular---it goes straight for the groin. It has a lot in common with the modern American woman."

Robert Ruark

With all due respect to Ruark, he forgets his roots a bit, if his rating isn't limited to mammals. Being from the Carolinas (if memory serves), no doubt he has tangled with bluefish. I don't know who to credit with the following saying, but it's the truth, Ruth:

"If bluefish grew to 200 lbs. and could figure out a way to walk and breathe, they'd rule the Earth!" Smiler

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love them- and most particularly their attitude to life. Nothing worries them and they do not let imagined fears get in the way of enjoying life.

They are not going to walk around anyone and not going to run. If somebody is looking for a fight they will get it, but he isn;t going to pick it. Watch them arround lion, elephant or Hyaens. They just get on with whatever they are doing and the big boys generaly stay out of their way, or even, step right over them, pretending not to notice them.

I have never seen it but some of my parks staff have- when a young lion decides to show a badger who is king of the jungle. The lion invarably wins, but the badger dies gamely teaching him a valuable lifes lesson - Don't f#$^ with a honey badger! If the lion surves his injuries (not always a given), in future he will step over a badger rather make an effort to show his superiority.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Or even 200-lbs!!

You know, what the heck. Ya might as well try. Up here we don't have badgers, we have a cousin called the wolverine. I'm sure with a good training regimene, you'll do well! banana

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read Ruark's "The Honey Badger" years ago. Personally, I agree with him 100%.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote