New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari jackets!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have done enough hunting trips to Africa that I figure that I can wear any damn thing that pleases me ... That said ... I often wear a safari vest with a zillion pockets and am always trying to figure out where anything is in all those pockets ... Frowner Usually while a customs guys is standing there wondering where these guys come from ???

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
I have two Boyt safari jackets, one in khaki and one bush green, they came with cartridge loops..

I have used them several times in Africa while hunting elephant...in up to 40 degrees centigrade, very comfortable and the fabric give excellent thorn protection..

Sadly they are not made anymore..

I absolutely love my Boyt Safari Jacket. Pondoro nailed it - it hits that perfect balance point.

It's also my favorite light jacket around the house. I love the look people give me when I go out to dinner - it's that perfect balance of "safari WTF" and "SAFARI, Hell Yeah!".

I love watching people in Orange County freak out.

PS: I also have a Cabela's safari jacket. It's just not even remotely in the same league. The Boyt Stuff, sadly discontinued, it outstanding.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote