THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Early research, eland and buffalo hunt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early research, eland and buffalo hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi folks,

With my first safari less than 2 weeks away, its about time to start researching my third safari. My uncle and I have decided to do a hunt together, most likely in 2007. This will be his first safari and his priority will be buffalo. He says anything else would be a bonus, though an eland would be an extra large bonus. Those priorities sound very good to me as well. So, if you where looking for a buffalo and eland hunt, and a 21 day trip in Tanzania wasn't in the budget (probably not at least), where would you start looking?

Thanks,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Namibia.

Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
You could try a place in the Caprivi Strip of Northern Namibia. Only place I know of in Namibia where you can hunt buffalo.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Supposedly the Lemco conservancy in Zim is teeming with eland and also has buffalo.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well perhaps you should do a little home work, if Buffalo are the only real agenda, then Tanzania is the place to go, cost wise or otherwise..but not on a 21 day hunt...

If I were you guys, based on your post, I would do a 7 day buff hunt for $10,550 each, all inclusive in Tanzania, shoot a second buff for $1600, hog, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hartebeest and Impala for those cheap trophy fees, then fly to RSA and finish up my 21 days (two weeks)shooting plainsgame at $150 per day plus trophy fees...Many of my clients have done that...The only reason for a 21 day Tanzania hunt is to get that Lion and Leopard as Tanzania requires a 21 day license...

Another option is a 16 day Tanzania plains game hunt and that includes 3 buffalo at $900, $1100 and $1300.

Lots of options out there if you shop well and know exactly what is furnished and what is not.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Lots of attractive safaris with buffalo and assorted plains game are being marketed in Zimbabwe this year and for next year.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote