THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone Shipped Trophies to Tampa - Advice Please.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Shipped Trophies to Tampa - Advice Please.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Completed my first trip to Africa this past May. Just received an email from the taxidermist in Namibia saying my mounts will be ready to ship at the end of this month (Oct). I live in Tampa FL – have any members on the board shipped trophies to Tampa and if so who did they use as the freight forwarder or did you ship straight into Tampa and do the paperwork with USFG and Customs yourself?

I did a search of the forums and did find some helpful info for Dallas, Baltimore and Atlanta – just looking for anybody from the Tampa area that has jumped through the local hoops already.

Posts: 573 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used W R Zanes, in Houston of course.
They've got a office in Mobile, AL. Not exactly close to you...might call that office and see how much to send to you once they get there????

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Fauna and Flora with Ocean Shipping to Lakeland 3 times with no problems.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used Fauna and Flora with ocean cargo shipping as well for completed trophies. It saved some money and was very efficient.

Not sure how it would work from Namibia but it would be worth a phone call for sure to find out!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Michael,

That company I gave you to contact didn't work out? Let me know.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann:

Went to their web site and sent them an email with my intended shipment info and my contact into. Have not heard anything back as of yet.

Posts: 573 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MeTaco,

My taxidermist arranged everything through Miami. He has done that for others hiring him also. I think that is as close as you will get to Tampa. I will try and remember to check the paperwork tonight (I should still have it) and let you know as much as I can about who the importer and agent were.

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnCrighton
posted Hide Post
I'm using Coppersmith - I got a similar notice that my trophies will be ready end of month from Namibia. They will ship in to customs clearance in Atlanta, then on to me in the Tampa area.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 555 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
m3taco,

Sorry about the delay...I forgot.

My taxidermist used:

New World International Forwarding Inc.
1820 NW 94th Ave
Miami Florida, 33172
1-305-592-5142

It was my first time, but everything appeared to go very smoothly.

Best,

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote