THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Weather during DSC Convention - Dallas

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weather during DSC Convention - Dallas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Seems a big cold front is on the way to Dallas along with high winds so make sure you bring the warm stuff. Temps in the teens but the winds will really make it a bear. I know all you folks from the North are tough etc. but you will not like the wind that goes with this.
Note...the Barbedwire fence between the North Pole and Dallas is broken. Frowner
It will be fun for us exhibitors unloading at the Convention Center docks in all of that esp. since most of us do not know where to go as we are not at Market Hall.
Keep warm.,
Mims & Tuffpak booth 1637-1638.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So long as that cold, wet, white stuff says away, we can cope!

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Yep, if you have ever been to the Cotton Bowl, you know how cold Dallas can get! I've been pretty damn cold in the old Cowboys Stadium too.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Not sure how cold this is but appears that it will be colder than a witch's tit.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, take Harry's advice, the Ntl weather folks are predicting wind chill factors at below zero! Gore-Tex or any good wind stopper will be very useful!

...................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Just looked at the forecast and it seems pretty nice to me.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Here in Pennsylvania it is 15 degrees and wind chill of minus 10 Oh yea snow.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Mike, you made my point!

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, we all understand that it is cold up north, and in Alaska, but all we are saying is, don't come to Dallas thinking you will enjoy our normal 40 degress above, bring cloths! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Muskox hunts will sell well. I always wanted one of them !

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Gentlemen, we all understand that it is cold up north, and in Alaska, but all we are saying is, don't come to Dallas thinking you will enjoy our normal 40 degress above, bring cloths! Roll Eyes

Sorry Mac - just foolin around.

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mac we understand up north we use the philosophy, " You can always take off of layer. But if you don't have it you suffer."

Thanks Mac,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am truly sorry that my trip to DSC had to be cancelled. Was really looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys on here. Buuuuut, it looks like maybe the weather may actually be better in Reno than Dallas this year?

Listen to Mac, when it's cold and windy in Dallas it's no walk in the park. Cold, Wind, Humidity, ='s chilled to the bone.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awww Cr!@#$@#$@#%@#$%

Just looked at the forecast, and it is not good,

I pray the ice stays away, remember 2008 ?

It was a #@$%$%k

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Colder than a well diggers a$$. Windier too!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Forecast is for sun Friday, Saturday and Sunday with highs in the 30's-40's and lows in the 20's-30's. Thursday 20% chance of precip, 10% on Friday and Saturday and 0% on Sunday. What's not to like about that?

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1st day last year was 70...next day was 35. Being from Florida...it was cold. Of course we're suppose to be down to 29 tonight. I know, I know...that's not cold...but growing up in Ohio but being in Florida for the last 37 years...it's freakin' COLD here. It was 76 on Christmas day!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Gonna be colder than week old penquin poo!

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wimps Big Grin - it was only 25 below here this morning, Eeker just about time to get out the golf clubs Roll Eyes

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Does anyone realize that the convention is actually INDOORS? Cool

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good weather for sipping some fine bourbon or scotch by the fire! Looking forward to this weekend!
Fortunately I only have a 15-20 minute drive.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I just hope I can figure out the parking situation this year...

They did take the snow out of the forecast, at least for now. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya golf clubs to get the dogs dick unfrozen from the ground Big Grin animal snowed in northern arkansas this am warmed and melted by noon

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 77 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Globel Warming my ASS!!! 19 degrees at my home west of Dallas Ft Worth this morning with ice on parts of the roads. Be safe on the highways this morning. JC

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote