THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Look what I found while hunting in Zimbabwe !!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Look what I found while hunting in Zimbabwe !!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Well done! What did your ele weigh out at?

Posts: 19558 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the trip, looks like you had a good time. From what I can see in the buffalo photo, looks like he has some real character in his right horn.

So were the misses on animals you had another chance at or was that miss the only attempt?

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Figured I got about as lucky as you can get. Elephant, buffalo, kudu for me -- eland, waterbuck and impala for my wife. Had an absolutely fabulous time. Oh yeah, missed a couple of shots, too. :{
[image]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p9957b8a820793160d48dacc39af1d676/f6c28fef.jpg[/image]

[image]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p0caf9023f0303dbf974302f1a2385008/f6c28fe6.jpg[/image]

Hope these photos come out !!

Found Zimbabwe to be relatively safe, the people engaging and ready to smile, and the Matetsi safari areas we hunted had plenty of game.

Ended up disappointed with some Accubond bullets in the 338. Was very happy, though with the 470 Trophy Solids and 470 Woodleigh Softpoints.

Used Johnson's Hunting as the outfitter. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
HT,

Looks like you guys did well!

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fine report from fine people!

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Greg and Elisa! Great animals.

Greg you are some rifle shot, if you were missing shots they must have been quite difficult.

Now what are going to make out of THIS elephant hide?

Glad you had a good trip.

Kyler

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote