New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's nearly time!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I, my wife Sue, and my friend Joe will be flying out of Minneapolis for Zim next Sunday. We will be going to the Dande safari area, each to hunt a leopard, and a tuskless for me. I'll be hunting with Buzz, and Joe with Blake, although I hope to mix it up a little bit.
We booked this while still in camp at Dande East two years ago. It's been in the oven a long time, it's finally ready!
I got to go shooting today, the temps were finally above freezing, with enough melting to allow me to approach my range with an ATV. Damn, but it felt good to finally let some 470's go. This late spring has been vexatious.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Good luck Marty. Say hello to Buzz. DSA is one of my favorite places on earth. I'll be back there in December. That sure seems like a long time right now!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Marty. Thanks for the info you gave me last year for our ele hunt.

One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, know it will have been worth the wait!!! Don't forget to take lots of pics of the countryside. Hang some of the baits low enough to get some of the big ol Lions used to coming in to bait....
Scott

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjb:
Best of luck, know it will have been worth the wait!!! Don't forget to take lots of pics of the countryside. Hang some of the baits low enough to get some of the big ol Lions used to coming in to bait....
Scott

Scott,

I know you are heading over to hunt with CMS soon. From your post, are you trying for a lion?

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Marty make the shot. In case you have trouble recognizing a big cat. Smiler

The best,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Todd Lucky enough to be chasing Lion first three weeks of May in Dande with Rich Tabor. Have always been in Zim late season so keen to see some pics of just how green and thick it is this time of year.
Mike that is one hell of a cat, wish they would let us import Leopards into Australia
Scott

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Best of luck with Spots Marty!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Marty!

I'm off to the same place hunting with Blake in about 10 weeks. Getting closer...

My once in a life time trip last year has turned into twice in a life time. So far!

Enjoy and leave me some big dagga boys please.

Cheers

DK

Posts: 82 | Location: Australia | Registered: 05 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Wish I were going. I've hunted both Dande North and Dande South and I love the area. My profile pic here is a bull from Dande South.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Godspeed and good hunting to you and the Buzzer, Marty!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind wishes, everyone. Last frantic day of packing tomorrow, maybe a little time to shoot, as well.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GOD bless you.
Hope you have great safari.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Keep the sun on your back and look forward to the report. Whatever have fun.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! One of my favorite areas to hunt! tu2

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, Marty.

And safe travels.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote