New
Find
Notify
Tools

SSG and Nixon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do not know if this needs to be here or under hunt reports, but here goes. I have been spending very little time on AR Forum lately and am just wondering if anyone has here what type of year Nixon and SSG are having.

Thanks

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back last week from another successful Buff hunt with Nixon. The group before us did as well. Not sure on Ele.

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Biebs - We need some pictures. wave

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs you are still a slacker. Back a week, no pics? No report? Come on now....

Posts: 10360 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biebs you are still a slacker. Back a week, no pics? No report? Come on now....

+1

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is one of the bulls we, in biebs' group got last week!
Nice old 41" dagga boy. Dark through recovery so this pic was taken the following morning. Ugliest dang thing I've ever taken. Proper trophy.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with SSG in early June. There were three of us in camp and between the three of we took four bufs. Had a great time with Simon and saw/heard a lot of buf during the seven days.
John

Posts: 155 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 10 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Hartley,
I don't know about Elephants but the Buff hunting has been good. Biebs group just got
back. Tygersman's group is finishing up today. I'll be there in 10 days and Clink goes in on 1st August

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Rick:
Did those fine bullets and loads you worked up turn that buff inside out? Wow, what a picture.
I like that gray on his face. Reminds me of looking in the mirror n seeing all the gray fur.
Know it can't be age, ain't there yet.

How about the reports and more pics soon guys?
Thanks for this one.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6007 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can tell you this boys, one of my clients today - just shot a 48" buff with SSG!!!!! The client just called me on his Sat Phone.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, was that George and his son? Nice folks...they loaned us a part for my friend's Blaser.

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.they loaned us a part for my friend's Blaser.

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Blaser

jumping

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sean,
My Blaser worked just fine and accounted for itself quite well......
But thanks for the concern hilbily

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Here is one of the bulls we, in biebs' group got last week!
Nice old 41" dagga boy. Dark through recovery so this pic was taken the following morning. Ugliest dang thing I've ever taken. Proper trophy.

Hey Rick:

Is that your "dagga boy" or is it Biebs after one too many Fanta drinking binges ?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be careful Mike, Jon will post elephant pics just for you if you hurt his feeling.
Even Biebs isn't as ugly as my Dagga Boy. I did learn not to get between him and his Fanta. hilbily
But it is mine. First time I've hunted just one buffalo, the PH's usually just herd hunted so I always have taken buff that were mature but not That "mature".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Be careful Mike, Jon will post elephant pics just for you if you hurt his feeling.
Even Biebs isn't as ugly as my Dagga Boy. I did learn not to get between him and his Fanta. hilbily
But it is mine. First time I've hunted just one buffalo, the PH's usually just herd hunted so I always have taken buff that were mature but not That "mature".

Great trophy !!!

That Biebs fellow is very photogenic around dead animals and Fanta bottles.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did somebody call me? :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Did somebody call me? :-)

Looking for a hunt report, hunt pictures or even fanta drinking pictures.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Hi Hartley. I hunted in Sengwe II with George Hallamore early May. Was to be a trophy ellie hunt till obummer screwed the pooch in early April Frowner. Anyway, killed a nice croc, big leopard and nice dugga boy in 8 days. Went back to Chiredzi. Stayed and hunted a fishing village with Nixon. Killed a hippo. Shopping list complete. Back to Harare a day early for R&R at The Bronte. No complaints. tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
you fellows that have hunted with SSG, does Nixon's driver usually make the airport pickup and are the airport documents in Bulawayo easily done by the hunter or is the safari co. there to help move it along?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clink,
I can only answer the question pertaining to Harare, as that's where I flew into. Depending on what time you fly into the airport, I would think. I flew in late at night and the Guest house I stayed in sent a rep to help me get through customs, then Nixon's drivers picked us up as a group on the morning after everyone arrived in Harare. The paperwork is easy and clearing customs was a breeze. You can Google Zimbabwe Firearms permits and it will allow you to download the form. It needs to be filled out in triplicate, you'll have to sign it in front of a customs official.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back yesterday. Think I did ok - will put a short report together after I get caught up a bit at work.

[IMG [/IMG]

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking buff. Which area did you get it in?
John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clink,
My experience in Harrare was very similar. Shaun from Gracy sent me all the forms I needed and everything went more smoothly than I thought. No hold up at all. I stayed at the Sunbird Guest House and Nixon's driver picked me up the next morning. Be prepared for for the 7 1/2 hour drive though. But there is a lot to see on the way!
John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles,

OK is an understatement. Great looking Bull.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks guys been several years since I've been to Zim hunted with Gibson at Big Five before Chufiti and they were always on top of all items. With the reports coming in it looks like 40inchers are a real possibility with Nixon if your a bit selective. Any more information will be appreciated and helpful.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles,
Fantastic bull! I was wondering how you did and it looks like you did just fine! Congratulations. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys - I appreciate the comments. I'll try to get the report together asap with all details.

Rick: We all spent time in the skinning shed admiring your buff. What a special old guy he is!

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charles. Personally, I think he's as ugly as I am. Thin, wore off bosses, tips wore down. I'm proud to have taken this old warrior.
Glad you did well.
I'll wait for your report sir!