New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW TANZANIA REGULATIONS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
According to Pierre van Tonder, the Tanzania Government has apparantly done away with all 7 day buffalo hunts.

All future Buffalo hunts will be 10 day hunts, and the number of animals available has increased.

Also the price is less than our 2008 brochure states. An example is a one buffalo 2x1 10 day hunt is $9500 plus $500 dip and pack, $200 gun fee, $2200 buff trophy fee, and tips that are optional, all else including charter flights is inclusive, baboon, bushpig, Hartebeest, Impala, Wildebeest and Zebra may be shot on the 10 day license...This is comparable to 2006, 2007, pricing, according to some old brochures.

I have the price list for Pierre van Tonder and it looks to be a very good deal..If interested contact me and I will email the new price list to you as I cannot post it on AR, my computer knowledge is limited to forwarding it, and I'm too old and cranky to learn how! coffee. however I can send it to any of you as individuals if your interested.

I think this is a reasonable move on the part of the Tanz goverment, and should settle things down a good deal, for most folks.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, Are they still doubling the trophy fee for bow hunters?

Posts: 252 | Location: Morris IL USA | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. C,
As far as I know Tanzania has never allowed bow hunting?

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I hope you won't mind me correcting you. - Tanzania has allowed bowhunting for some years, but trophy fees are indeed doubled. - It's not uncommon for some bowhunters to bring a rifle as well and split their hunting between bow and rifle to make their money go further. Wink - Some even bring both, take a look at the hunting and forget the bow and just use the rifle. Wink

Other recentish changes are that the Leopard minimum has gone from 1.2 metres to 1.3 metres and Elephant from 1.7 metres/17 Kgs to 1.5 metres/15 Kgs. - Croc and Lion minimums remain the same.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Thanks for the update, you know who has misinformed me on that! salute

I am off to Reno today,, back on Monday...

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ray,

No worries. - Have a good time and please send my best to everyone. - Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
In 1987 Tink Nathan did a bow hunt in the Selous where he took 2 buffalo and one bull elephant with his bow. The DVD is quite good, they were all one shot kills.

He was shooting a 105 pound Oneida and buried the arrows to the fletching, one passed through a buffalo. I believe the elephant was 35 yards away and took a perfect arrow to the heart. It was obvious upon the arrow hitting the elephant that it was very sick.

One of the buffalo was arrowed while facing the hunter and the other was walking broadside.

While stalking a hippo bull the party was nearly killed. Talk about speed, the hippo, which appeared to be sleeping suddenly bolted up a steep river bank and scattered the group. It got arrowed twice and took a ton of lead before giving up.

Though not shown on the DVD a discussion was brought up where poachers were spotted and the anti poaching team caught up to them and killed all of the poachers after a brief gun fight.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Personally I like seeing the demise of the 7 day hunt. I honestly don't think in 7 days a hunter can really appreciate his total safari experience. 10 day of course is more expensive but perhaps saving for another year to go on the hunt might give the hunter a much more satifying safari.

FYI We do a couple of bow hunts every year in Tanzania.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Tanzania did away with the 7-day license, not the 7-day hunt.

I still offer 7-day hunts with Luke Samaras in Tanzania. You will be hunting on a 10-day license.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote