New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant Hunting in Zambia!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
From what I understand, Elephant hunting has indeed just been re-opened in Zambia.

I am also told Lion hunting will be opening too.

Hoping all of this is accurate as I have been told.

What says you Andrew?????

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Apparently the tenders will be announced end of month and I would have thought decisions regarding species and quotas will be announced then.

Unfortunately or fortunately for some these quotas will not be sold at the shows so there will be many bargains to be had.

Best

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Aaron,

Apparently the tenders will be announced end of month and I would have thought decisions regarding species and quotas will be announced then.

Unfortunately or fortunately for some these quotas will not be sold at the shows so there will be many bargains to be had.

Best

Andrew

Andrew - I'm pretty sure my info is accurate. tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I am sure it is mate. Better send me a non refundable deposit then.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

rotflmo I'm more interested in some of your other species - all of which I have taken already. But hunting with you is just SO MUCH FUN!! wave

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:

rotflmo I'm more interested in some of your other species - all of which I have taken already. But hunting with you is just SO MUCH FUN!! wave

Cutting into remote swamps for big bull Sitatunga will make for interesting footage.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cutting into remote swamps for big bull Sitatunga will make for interesting footage.

Adventure / extreme / emotion, that's what the new series is all about.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
You are correct and there is a exportable quota of 36 elephants for 2015.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately for us Americans not exportable
What a shame

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

That Kafue Lechwe you posted on the Facebook was wonderful.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.huntingreport.com/c...nt_issue.cfm?id=1507

Elephant Hunting Reopens, Imports Remain Uncertain
(posted February - 2015)

By Barbara Crown

Still in Zambia, it appears that ZAWA has reopened elephant hunting! We know of at least one operator who has received a permit for one elephant and is expecting a second. Additional permits are said to have been issued to various game ranches. While that is good news, US hunters should be aware that, although US Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) allowed the importation of elephant trophies in 2012, that does not mean they will automatically allow elephant taken in 2015 to be imported. The Service will have to make another non-detriment finding for Zambia's elephant....

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
All,

Yes we have a quota of elephant and to date the concessions have not be issued. But when they are there is going to some seriously good hunting.

If we get cats then Zambia will be a hot spot.

I just bought a 7 day buff in the Bangweulu swamps for $8,500 including trophy fee?

There will be lots of bargains and some very good hunting indeed.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 7 day buff in the Bangweulu swamps for $8,500 including trophy fee?

Fairgame, care to elaborate ? Much appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All,

Yes we have a quota of elephant and to date the concessions have not be issued. But when they are there is going to some seriously good hunting.

Andrew didn't know there were huntable numbers of buff in Bangweulu.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome news!

Cannot make a trip this year, but eyes in '16!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doubleboy:

Fairgame, care to elaborate ? Much appreciated.

And that includes a Black Lechwe

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
All,

There are not many but their numbers are steadily increasing under responsible management. I cannot think of a more interesting place to hunt Buff and Bangweulu is a surreal place indeed. One of the few places left in Africa where herd animals occur in tens of thousands.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell now that's a deal. With specials like this Zambia will be flooded with hunters this year bringing much needed finances back to this once rich hunting country!!

Keep em coming!!

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickyClark
posted Hide Post
is this including trophy fees?

lets make a plan

Posts: 98 | Location: England | Registered: 29 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickyClark:
is this including trophy fees?

Yes and I gave it to one of the AR members who initially supported the Royal Kafue project.

When the tenders are announced there are going to be many buffalo hunts available in both the Kafue and Luangwa areas.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Bangweulu is the largest inland swamp in the world, its massive!!! If you have not yet seen it, most definitely its worth the trip.

Zambia has always been my favorite country in Africa, this trip would not disappoint whomever buys it.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
From what I understand, Elephant hunting has indeed just been re-opened in Zambia.

I am also told Lion hunting will be opening too.

Hoping all of this is accurate as I have been told.

What says you Andrew?????

Great News!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
All,

There are not many but their numbers are steadily increasing under responsible management. I cannot think of a more interesting place to hunt Buff and Bangweulu is a surreal place indeed. One of the few places left in Africa where herd animals occur in tens of thousands.

Good deal. It seems like everything "African Parks" gets involved with turns out very well.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
All,

Good deal. It seems like everything "African Parks" gets involved with turns out very well.

Absolutely correct!!! Leon Lamprecht, a PH who's father was a Senior Ranger in Kruger when he was a kid and grew up, is in Senior Management with African Parks...good man he and a Great organization!!!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
All,

Absolutely correct!!! Leon Lamprecht, a PH who's father was a Senior Ranger in Kruger when he was a kid and grew up, is in Senior Management with African Parks...good man he and a Great organization!!!

They have about 10 parks/areas right now and their goal is to be up to 20. I would love to see them end up with Zinave and/or Banhine in Mozambique.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
And Kidepo in the northern tip of Karamoja, Uganda!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All,

Keep my brother and me in mind.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kidepo is in pretty good shape from a wildlife and management standpoint I believe. African Parks really shines when they step into a totally depleted area such as they have done in Majete (Malawi), Liuwa (Zambia), Akagera (Rwanda) and more recently Zakouma(Chad) and Chinko (CAR). Zinave and Banhine would be a good fit.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Kidepo is in pretty good shape from a wildlife and management standpoint I believe. African Parks really shines when they step into a totally depleted area such as they have done in Majete (Malawi), Liuwa (Zambia), Akagera (Rwanda) and more recently Zakouma(Chad) and Chinko (CAR). Zinave and Banhine would be a good fit.

The park itself is doing OK. I have seen almost every square inch of it.

But it is so isolated in hostile territory and is a very unique little niche...it needs protection.

Uganda and African Parks did discuss Kidepo...but for some reason the deal fell through.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
All,

Keep my brother and me in mind.

Not so young Tom says bring it on mate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

But it is so isolated in hostile territory and is a very unique little niche...it needs protection.

Uganda and African Parks did discuss Kidepo...but for some reason the deal fell through.

Lane,

You need to check that scope of yours as that is a terrible grouping.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted the Kosonso back in 98..
I swear the place had the meanest young Bull Ele's on earth.. we were chased several times by different bulls. One almost got me in the Rover as we entered the hunting bloc. We heard hunter was killed by a bull in that same area while buff hunting. Bull came out of nowhere bowling over PH and simply running over the client as he went through. Not a shot was fired happened so quick.. I have no way of verifying this as told us by game rangers on way out looking for the bull..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1112 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lane,

You need to check that scope of yours as that is a terrible grouping.

lol

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lots of game, buffalo in particular in the Narus Valley. No shortage of elephant, lion and certain plains game.

Sound right?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of buffalo for sure and ele are plentiful too or were. I have heard the poachers have hit it hard sine 2010...last time I was there. There are quite a few lion. The plains game on the other hand suffers...besides Jackson's hartebeest.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Karamojo is still on my bucket list--

have seen Hookers pictures and visited with Lane-

I want to do it bad

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://allafrica.com/stories/201502090358.html

Zambia: President Lungu Calls for Reform to Wildlife Sector

By Clement Malambo

The following statement was circulated by Special Assistant for Press and Public Relations Amos Chanda:

Mfuwe, Sunday, February 8, 2015 -- His Excellency Mr. Edgar Chagwa Lungu, President of the Republic of Zambia has directed Zambia Wildlife Authority (ZAWA) to propose policy and legislative reforms designed to make the wildlife industry work for the poor majority.

President Lungu issued the order when he received a special briefing from acting ZAWA Director-General Mr Kampamba Kombe on the status of the wildlife industry.

"I want to see this sector benefit the poor people who are always invariably the owners of the resource. If the sector, which is a collective endowment for all of us operates as a sector for only few by a few, then for me it can't work. This is totally unacceptable. I am prepared to break-up by law, the existing cartels in the wildlife sector. I want you to immediately bring up proposals for legal and policy reforms that will make this sector work for the people," the President said.

"I want rapid transformation of this industry because when God gave us these resources, He intended that this a common resource and there is no reason it can remain a preserve for a few."

The Head of State said it was unacceptable that in the vast South Luangwa National Park, there were only two indigenously owned lodges and that the entire wildlife sector chain, participation from Zambians was at a bare minimum. The President later visited Chimfule Lodge and Mushroom Lodge to understand the challenges Zambian entrepreneurs were facing to make it in the wildlife and tourism sectors.

"Our people cannot as it were be perpetual spectators in the midst of plenty. This saddens me. The policy direction you need we shall give you and I must assure you that I am prepared to go a step further to bring legislation to break up these cartels in the sector. If the industry cannot reform itself to allow locals to participate it is the responsibility of government to facilitate equity in the sharing of national resources," he said. " We cannot have a tourism and wildlife industry owned by foreigners, operated by foreigners and for foreigners. We need change."

The President is concerned that when the great majority of the people are excluded from the enjoyment of their God-given resource, the risk of resource-nationalism is ever so present and therefore Government intervention was inevitable to forestall disorder.

And the President has announced that his administration will pilot a visa waiver for one year for nationals from four countries: two Asian and two European to ascertain the effect on tourism arrivals. During the trio period, the government will undertake a cost-benefit analysis of the waiver with specific focus on the impact on security and other related matters.

On hunting concessions, the President encouraged the ZAWA boss to adhere to the law and ensure that no single group of people is allowed to dominate the hunting blocks. "When you are within the law you will always have our support and you therefore have to proceed as you professionally deem fit.

Mr Kombe thanked the President for retaining Hon. Jean Kapata as Tourism Minister because she has stabilised the operations of ZAWA and reduced negative publicity around the organisation to a bare minimum since she assumed office

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What does this mean ? Zimbabwe thinking ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
What does this mean ? Zimbabwe thinking ?

Morten

This means that our President is wanting to promote tourism and hunting in Zambia for the benefit of rural communities and would like to see more indigenous Zambians taking on the responsibility.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal