THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Namibia: Nine-year-old girl killed by croc

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia: Nine-year-old girl killed by croc
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://allafrica.com/stories/201409191295.html

Namibia: Nine-Year-Old Girl Killed By Croc

Rundu — A nine-year-old girl lost her life after a deadly crocodile attack on Sunday at Divayi village, east of Divundu in the mukwe constituency in Kavango West.

It is reported a group of children were swimming in the river when a crocodile attacked and caught one of the children whose body has yet to be found.

The horrifying attack occurred at 17h00 on Sunday and the police together with officials from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism are still trying to locate the both the man-eating crocodile and the girl's remains.

"Members of the police with the assistance from the nature conservation staff in the region have been searching the river but nothing have been found up to now, not even the crocodile itself," Police Chief Inspector, Chrispin Mubebo informed New Era.

Mubebo of the Rundu police is once again urging people, especially children - who swim in the river to cool off from the heat, to be aware of crocodiles.

"This time of the year is when many people go to the river to cool down and enjoy at the river, thus making people vulnerable to croc attacks, people should be cautious when they are there and parents should warn their children of the danger posed by crocodiles" Mubebo said.

Mukwe Constituency Councillor Kalyangu Muliki also urged people to be careful when they are at the river. "Some of the areas in my constituency have boreholes now and villagers should make use of them instead of going to the river and those that want to go bath or swim at the river must be very careful," stated Muliki.

He further implored parents to keep an eye on their children so that they do not go to the river alone.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9497 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Complacency is the only thought that comes to me. Next week they will be swimming in the same spot. Sad.

We had a camp on the Ruvu in Tanzania. The hunter before me took a 14 foot crock. When I was there the camp staff was swimming in the river. Confused

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
Complacency is the only thought that comes to me. Next week they will be swimming in the same spot. Sad.

We had a camp on the Ruvu in Tanzania. The hunter before me took a 14 foot crock. When I was there the camp staff was swimming in the river. Confused

Not much different than folks here, they'll hear about somebody getting killed texting and driving and will answer a text the same day while at the wheel.

It's a wonder to me humans have lasted this long.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10506 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Best guess is that they will find the remains and the crococdile co-located.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote