Find
Notify
Tools

Zim PH wanted urgently
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted
Any Zim PH's out there who are reading this (I know you hang out on these forums even if you do keep low profiles), are not busy from 22/08 - 30/08 and need days, please contact me - hulmour@yahoo.com
Anyone know of any PH who could do this hunt? 2x1 buffalo. Please let me know.

Thanks, David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stephen Goldfinch
posted Hide Post
David,
I just got finished with Ryan Cliffe, and I'm pretty sure he said he had a couple weeks free. Try him. 27 72 556 6334 or ryancliffe@zol.co.zw

"Sleep When You're Dead!"

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Stephen, much appreciated. Hope you had a good hunt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What did you do..fill an inside straight? Big Grin

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Greeff is wonderful but currently indisposed...David Amyot is great....unfortunately my Mother Board fried and I am now without my contacts list....his email is DEAMYOT@something or other I dont remember......fugg...

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
David Amyot is working full time out of the Safari industry now and I am not sure that he is doing any PH'ing at the moment. Aside from that, he is a great PH. You might check with PH Terry Anders, or with PH John Hunt of Georgia Safaris.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:
Any Zim PH's out there who are reading this (I know you hang out on these forums even if you do keep low profiles), are not busy from 22/08 - 30/08 and need days, please contact me - hulmour@yahoo.com
Anyone know of any PH who could do this hunt? 2x1 buffalo. Please let me know.

Thanks, David

Did you find someone yet ? I can give you a few names

Chinanga Safaris
Phone : 263) 9 247021
Mobiles : 263) 712211822 & 712613613
e-mail : terryfenn@yoafrica.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the input.

chinanga, I've sent a few emails but no hits yet...I'd appreciate you sending me a few names, thank you very much.

Cheers, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use Enough Gun, if you know how to reach Amyot, email me at tdwaller@outdrs.net! I am surprised he may be out of industry! ASG....uhhh...AHG...recently had an article in which a client bragged on his skills. I have since visited in his home in Bulawayo and know his wife, Viv, and their little girl. would love to reestablish contact with him! He was my PH on my first Safari in 2002 when he had a limited Lic. Thanks!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I hunted with him in Zim in 2007 and shot a 59 1/2" Kudu bull and a very nice Sharpes Grysbok, while he filled in for PH John Hunt who was taken away for a few days on a family emergency. He's a great PH. On my latest safari to Zim just last month, we considered maybe using him again as a fill-in PH for a couple of days. However, PH John Hunt informed me that David had taken a full-time job outside the safari industry in order to support his family and was not likely taking on any PH free lancing, so we used PH Terry Anders. David has a listing here on AR, using his real name. I would go to it and send him a PM, as he should still get it. Best Regards. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope that David finds a PH. However if I can ask some dumb questions:
Wouldn't it help if the PH was familiar with the area?
Wouldn't it help if he was able to say "Well last week I saw a bunch of.... in that area over there. let's try that first.
Don't shoot that one I've seen better in this area.
That's the biggest .... I've seen in this area all year....(!)
Understand I am not stirring, just trying to educate myself.
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I don't think your questions are dumb at all, but sometimes one has to do what one has to do. In this instance, a family tragedy put the PH who was to conduct the hunt out of action a few days ago. In any case, most PH's who have hunted Zim for a time are familiar with most areas....In Zim you basically have the Zambezi valley and the lowveld/Matabeleland to hunt. Although I am not a PH, If I was, I'd feel comfortable guiding anyone in most any area in this country. Of course, there are areas I'd prefer not to hunt given the choice, but I am still reasonably familiar with those areas. Ideally, one would hunt with a PH who knows the area well, but that cannot always be the case. Anyway, that's what gamescouts and locals are for.

Cheers, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
David has the luxury of some long time locals like old Chuma who has worked on ARDA for 30 years. They know the area very well.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Martinus Naude. Home phone is 011-263-9299929 and his cell is -011-404-142.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot guys, this hunt has been put on hold for a while since we failed to get a replacement PH. I was trying to help a South African cyberbuddy of mine who has booked a couple of buffalo down on the Limpopo somewhere. He is going to get rearranged and set it up for another time.

David

one of us
posted Hide Post
David, thanks for the reply.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
what about PH named honest in zimbabwe has any one hunted or know him,regards

ur 3 greatest hunts r, ur 1st,ur last,and ur next!!!!

Posts: 254 | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cant help....all my ZIM hunts have used John Greeff or David Amyot.