Find
Notify
Tools

lets give kudos to the cameramen
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
well i am back after a great season , where i took 23 elephants of various shapes and sizes , , nearly 30 buffalo and a couple of lions and leopards ... we have had some simply awesome hunting and lady luck smiled at us from time to time , in between making us work our butts off !!

we always see posts about the trophies , video clips about the charges etc etc ...i would just like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and recognize our cameramen , and in fact all the cameramen out there ... share your thanks and congrats for your cameramen ...tell us who he was and lets give the men a BIG hand !

I am on the front line next to you, the hunter , between us we are armed with enough to stop a small tank ! he is standing there with his lethal and deadly Sony HD or canon GL2... and woe betide if he is not perfectly steady , has the shot well composed and doesnt flinch..

this truly is a spectacular breed of men , ballsy, creative and solid ..

we have a great team of guys
Simon Elton is rock steady ,. great to have in camp and he seldom misses the shot...he has stood behind me on and off for almost fifteen years ... way to go Si! ( at least he gets to see my good side !)

Doug King has been all over the continent filming hunts , he is amazing at what he captures in the field , even when it suddenly all comes together and the shot is quick , i can look back and see him grinning from behind his camera ! Thanks doug , great job this year !

Andy Ross has been in the business for a couple of years , does an excellent job and keeps us all well entertained ...our most patient cameramen , andy seldom misses the shot and is always in the right place when it happens.

Fiorenzo Palermo, the newest member of our team , and under the tutorship of simon ,Ren is a great guy ,has been videoing for several years and just branched into the hunting field ...he Loves the bush and his camerawork is outstanding , he has just a few hunts under his belt but looking at his footage, he films like a pro ....

Andy Macdonald ,son to Willy Macdonald , a well known Zim PH , andy has just done his second season and has shot some excellent footage ...with the background he has , andy is fearless and steady when "its and going to shit!"

Clyde Elgar ...a wildlife enthusiast , takes it to a new level , with the best of equipment and operating on his own in remote national parks , Clyde is always producing the stunning B roll that really makes a presentation come together , he does a few hunts with us each year but his passion is filming the wildlife itself .

so thanks men for trusting us on the front line when its all happening and for the great footage you have captured this year.

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Justin Drainer (aka, Timbersnake, Agent Orange), who films for Buzz Charlton, has filmed my last two hunts. Justin is calm in stressful situations, fearless behind the camera, has a good eye for composition and is good company in camp. A real pro. I appreciate his hard work to make my hunting experiences memorable.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
It sure takes courage to stand there filming and depending on the client and PH to save your butt.. Jobs well done...

Mike thumb

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote