One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
Is shooting a buffalo cow, a "pussy way" to end a trophy buffalo hunt??

Judging from one of your previous posts like the one below,I think you might never have hunted DG or even own a DG rifle.One thing is for sure is that you have stalked my posts and like to harass me.When you come out from hiding behind your mommys skirt maybe then you stand a chance of saying something that someone interesting will listen to.

posted by Texas Blue Devil

"First off, this is my first post. I think this is a great website with an incredible amount of knowledge on hunting.

I am currently planning a 14 day plainsgame hunt in Namibia for 2010 for me, my father and my two boys. This will be our first trip to Africa. It has been pretty difficult deciding on an outfitter. After meeting many with many outfits at the shows, I have it narrowed down to,
Reveille Hunting Ranch
Getaway Kalahari Safaris
African Twilight Safaris

Has anyone hunted with these hunting operations?
I'd really like a place that is kid friendly. I want to book enough time, so we don't feel rushed on the hunt. We would like to collect the normal stuff like... Kudu, Oryx, warthog. We don't need to shoot everything. I plan to go back.

Would hunting with two different operator on the same trip be more trouble that its worth??

I would appreciate any input that you can give.
Thanks!!

Go Duke"

Talk about stalking, you worked really hard tracking down my first post back in 2009. Since then I have made 8 trips to Africa. I've taken 5 elephants and several more buffalo. All of my elephants and buffalo were bulls, and every time I shot the intended animal. No accidental cows. And like most people, I am welcome back to hunt with all the outfitters.

I do want to thank you for that buffalo cow video. That was one of the funniest things I've seen on the internet.

George you are just a toxic douchebag troll.

The guy is a special kind of stupid.

He also shows exactly how client driven the African hunting business is. If you can wire money someone will hunt with you even if you are a special kind of stupid client. Must have finally crossed some line to have his outfitter come out on AR and call him a liar and say he is not welcomed as a client.

As long as he can wire the money some other service provider will be ready to take him on.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
George:
The method(s) you use to attack folks here are really in poor taste. You do go up and down and many here (including myself) wonder if you indeed do miss meds at times. I mean you posted I was the garbage collector when I showed some of my fine English double rifles. In education we have said for decades that negative attention is better than no attention when looking at behavior of troublsome kids. The expression seems to fit here.

Lighten up, mate, we are all in this together: you, me, all here on this thread, Saeed and Mark Sullivan too. We are fighting a losing battle with the world. We only have each other.

Come to the double shoot May 5 in Alaska. I'll buy you dinner.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems that we have the usual harassers showing up.Posters who have no interest in the topic being discussed but stalk and show up just to harass.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

There has been no "discussion" until you arrived with you inability to comprehend what the Freelance model of professional hunting is.

It has been accurately described by others and me in this post. Mr. Tabor does indeed have his own company as this will allow certain tax advantages such as write offs for payroll and cruiser etc.

Certainly you can grasp that?

I posted for two reasons. First that the Freelance model works great for me personally.

Second and probably most importantly that Rich Tabor was outstanding as a professional hunter, companion and I consider him a friend.

My question to you is simply this.

Since Rich is one of the few PH's in Africa that will still tolerate you as a client, why would you choose to come on this thread and attempt to piss on it and others who have come to his defense?

Do you really think Rich would care for this?

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Coming from someone in the medical profession who first came on this site behaving like an animal.
Perhaps the ideal client you envision in your little fantasy is one whose PH's can take advantage of and treat with disrespect, in that case I am not one of those.BTW did Richard make you his spokesperson?If he did I don't think it was wise of him.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Coming from someone in the medical profession who first came on this site behaving like an animal.
Perhaps the ideal client you envision in your little fantasy is one whose PH's can take advantage of and treat with disrespect, in that case I am not one of those.BTW did Richard make you his spokesperson?If he did I don't think it was wise of him.

You are truly a sociopath.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:

You are truly a sociopath.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
George:
The method(s) you use to attack folks here are really in poor taste. You do go up and down and many here (including myself) wonder if you indeed do miss meds at times. I mean you posted I was the garbage collector when I showed some of my fine English double rifles. In education we have said for decades that negative attention is better than no attention when looking at behavior of troublsome kids. The expression seems to fit here.

Lighten up, mate, we are all in this together: you, me, all here on this thread, Saeed and Mark Sullivan too. We are fighting a losing battle with the world. We only have each other.

Cal

Not really. Every fu@king idiot who owns a gun or is an ar member or has hunted Africa is not my buddy/brother/comrade.

The average hunter/ar member/African hunter maybe - but not everyone who participates in an discretionary economic activity.

Setting any bar at Shootaway puts one down a path or irrationality, stupidity and lying. Not desirable or good character traits.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
George:

Cal

Not really. Every fu@king idiot who owns a gun or is an ar member or has hunted Africa is not my buddy/brother/comrade.

The average hunter/ar member/African hunter maybe - but not everyone who participates in an discretionary economic activity.

Setting any bar at Shootaway puts one down a path or irrationality, stupidity and lying. Not desirable or good character traits.

Mike

You have harassed me enough when will you stop?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Poor George. Everyone is out to get him. Oohh, that's right. Pretty much the definition of paranoia.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi All.

I have never been one to post here, regardless of what has been said about me. Not working in a dedicated way for any specific safari operator implies "freelance", to be clear, "a freelancer or freelance worker is a person who pursues a profession without a commitment to any one employer"(thank you Google).

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, if you don't like me...oh well. I feel no need to defend who I am and what I do to anyone, including George. I am a Professional Hunter, period, whether it be for myself or under the banner of a safari operator, and I hope I have always conducted myself professionally and require no further question on my "label".

Regards to you all

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,
We have a few "challenged" posters on AR. You are most welcome here and we would be most appreciative if you would drop in from time to time.

I have hunted with Thierry Labat and others who are "free lance" PH's. In reality, most PH's are free lance as they work at the discretion of the operator and the hunter.

I do not understand what this issue is. I like to hunt with whoever has a great area and knows how to hunt! You are well respected on AR regardless of what our Canadian wing nut thinks or writes.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff started this to help promote Rich as Jeff has had several successful hunts with Rich. If I recall correctly, George had a good hunt with Rich as well. No controversy that I recall. George was quite happy.

The dust up boggles my mind.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich is the best. I sincerely hope that George doesn't do or say anything to detract from that or he may find out that he has opened Pandora's Box.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 488 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread has taken a strange twist even for AR standards. Big Grin

It seems shootaway is simply arguing semantics so he can further his abuse...

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the bright side nothing Shootaway says will do any damage to anyone's reputation but his own among those who have read a dozen of his Posts.

I have never seen a negative comment about Rich Tabor made by anyone with credibility on AR.

I too hope Mr. Tabor will drop in when time allows or to contribute. One of the great things about AR is the access it gives to actual experts in a variety of disciplines.

As with any nice place you do have to be watchful where you step or you might get shoot on your boots...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10395 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich is above reproach. His reputation speaks for him. He is solid and competent as they come.
Someone here needs to have his medications adjusted.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This and the other thread where Shootaway goes off, is beyond bizarre. Now he is asking for a poll?

Just remember he is the one who wore a snowmobile helmet while sighting in a rifle and felt that only the front ring scope mount need be attached for proper groups!

I don't ever recall a PH coming on to AR and publicly saying he would never hunt with a repeat client again. IIRC, it happened to
Shootaway. That says something.

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Rich, Welcome to AR .... What an intro splash and great first post with a superb build up ! Only heard good things about you. Hopefully first of many posts !

Cal, are you buying dinner for everyone at the shoot or is it just for George ? Is this like a one on one thing or an open event ? You could sell tickets Smiler

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marty:
Rich is above reproach. His reputation speaks for him. He is solid and competent as they come.
Someone here needs to have his medications adjusted.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Tabor:
Hi All.

I have never been one to post here, regardless of what has been said about me. Not working in a dedicated way for any specific safari operator implies "freelance", to be clear, "a freelancer or freelance worker is a person who pursues a profession without a commitment to any one employer"(thank you Google).

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, if you don't like me...oh well. I feel no need to defend who I am and what I do to anyone, including George. I am a Professional Hunter, period, whether it be for myself or under the banner of a safari operator, and I hope I have always conducted myself professionally and require no further question on my "label".

Regards to you all

Rich,

We have only heard good things about you, and as you are new to a net forum, may be a word of advice is in order.

AR is a like a small village, and as every village has its idiot, we seem to have few here too.

To balance that, we also have an incredible number of very experienced hunters, who might enjoy interacting with.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I can vouch for Rich, he is the real deal.

I had the pleasure to hunt with Rich a couple of years ago, we had some fantastic experiences that I still have a great time regaling others with and would do it again but for business and family commitments at the moment.

Cheers
Stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Village idiot!?!
I resemble that remark!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind comments.

George and I have had some good hunting in our time and I've seen him walk hard and keep up the momentum when the going was tough, our Mozambique hunt was a memorable hunt for me.......as a freelance!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aside from being an excellent hunter,Richard is an honourable man.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you picked up your prescription today....

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Rich is the real deal - "The Silent Killer" and a great guy all around...!!!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who hunts with Rich Tabor is fortunate. He is a very capable professional and a gentleman.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Another vouch for Rich. Had several great hunts with him. Hope to do so again.

George, you're an ASS!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd Williams! He's alive!!!!

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

lol

jumping jumping

Jesus - I am nearly dying when laughing of you guys ... animal

Morten

PS

A report on AR is prepared by the Vikings and soon to be released ... just wait and see for your self. Rich and his team is a part of it Smiler

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I have a customer who hunts with Rich Tabor and has nothing but High praise for his skills , ethics and professionalism.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote