THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zim opportunities for (somewhat) disabled client?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim opportunities for (somewhat) disabled client?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
By disabled, I mean someone who uses a cane and can only walk 300-400 yards without stopping to recover (bad, Very bad, knees).

The "client" would be me, who has shot all the plains game I ever care to shoot. I've also shot a leopard and a buffalo (that was not recovered, but was paid for, in full, as is the African way). That buff still haunts my dreams, and I fear I'll never rest until that spot in my trophy room is filled with a pedestal mount of a cape buffalo taken in fair chase. (So, no fence, no shooting from safari car!)

Getting older sucks, but the fire for Africa still burns deep in my soul. I can't really afford it any time soon, but it's never too early to start looking.

Buffalo will go under the red hartebeest

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you GAHUNTER. I hope that dream becomes a reality. There are areas like Makuti that are more open, more spot and stalk that would work for what you are talking about. Unfortunately Makuti is an area where there have been a number of reported cases of sleeping sickness in the last few years. I am sure the Zim PHs will have some recommendations for you. Again, good luck in finishing out that trophy room.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari Specialty Importers
posted Hide Post
Good day GAHUNTER,

I would like to help you if I can.
Please PM me.

Thank you
Robert

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GAHunter;

I look forward to reading a Hunt Report of you fulfilling your dream buffalo hunt! I'm sure there are several outfitters that can make this come true.

Your trophy room is beautiful, but definitely needs a Buff!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know of a ph in Namibia that had an elderly client with severe disabilities & he would send scouts out to find the buff & radio back what they found, then he could walk the client directly to the location, worked well for him.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Save... The buffalo have been relatively Unpressured on many ranches the past 3 years.

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Save... The buffalo have been relatively Unpressured on many ranches the past 3 years.

Save is where I shot my leopard and lost my buffalo (ARDA/Hammond). Great place, however it seems a little pricey right now compared to the north end of the country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAHUNTER:
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:

Save is where I shot my leopard and lost my buffalo (ARDA/Hammond). Great place, however it seems a little pricey right now compared to the north end of the country.

Unless you could jump on one of those deals in December.

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think any PH worth his salt would be more than happy to accommodate you.

Practically all the PHs I have hunted with have had clients like yourself, and they all had great hunts.

Just tell them in advance what you want, and I am sure something can be planned for and worked out.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GAHUNTER:

Very nice trophy room, indeed. Elegant, in fact.

Regards,

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I think any PH worth his salt would be more than happy to accommodate you.

Practically all the PHs I have hunted with have had clients like yourself, and they all had great hunts.

Just tell them in advance what you want, and I am sure something can be planned for and worked out.

+1 on my 2012 hunt I had hip issues. Paul Phelan, my PH handled it very well. While I certainly recommend Paul, as Saeed said I am sure most Professionals can handle your requirements.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
GAHUNTER, most areas in the zambezi valley are tough for buffalo, meaning rugged country thick brush etc etc, I could set you up with a hunt in Matetsi near Victoria falls where I have quota for 2015, it is more open and opportunities are abundant.
Mart

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Matetsi

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am pretty slowed down with late stage Lyme disease but Barrie Duckworth of Mokore Safaris in the Save got me on onto a nice buffalo on, as it turned out, my first morning of my first day. Great hunt and plenty of plainsgame as well...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:
GAHUNTER, most areas in the zambezi valley are tough for buffalo, meaning rugged country thick brush etc etc, I could set you up with a hunt in Matetsi near Victoria falls where I have quota for 2015, it is more open and opportunities are abundant.
Mart

Thanks for the offer Martin. Your reputation as a quality PH certainly precedes you, however I'm not sure I'll be able to swing it this year ($).

Just out of curiosity, which hunting block in Matetsi do you have rights to?