THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: african hunter 2 - feedback/opinions

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: african hunter 2 - feedback/opinions
 Login/Join

<allen day>
posted
In my opinion, this is indeed the "book of books", at least for the present. It has no comtemporary counterpart that I'm aware of, and it sould stand as the standard-reference on African hunting for quite some time. There are other books that might treat safari rifles, shot-placement, specific animals, and specific countries more thoroughly, but as a general reference guide to modern African hunting, this book is really in its own league.

It's well-worth owning for any experienced African hunter, or for anyone who's thinking about planning their first safari.

AD

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I agree. Boddington and Flack have produced an informative and up to date survey and report. The color photography is excellent, too. It's a terrific book and well worth owning.

I still like and constantly re-read Mellon's original, though. It's just a lot of fun to leaf through it. The stories in the dangerous game chapter and the elephant pictures in the East Africa section are amazing.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dear Sirs,

I would like to purchase a copy of African Hunter 2 from Safari Press as a gift for a client. He has never been to Africa, but you wouldn't know it. He seems to be up on all the current prices, hunting areas, politics, etc.. and has attended the SCI convention numerous times.

He is not easily impressed and I am wondering if this is truely the "book of books" on African hunting as it is being touted.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simple get 2 copies!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
axg222,

I love African Hunter II. I reach for it much more than any other African hunting book I own.

I think it covers the game, game lands and countires of Africa as well as is possible. If your client is not impressed with AR2 then I don't think he would be impressed by any other African text either.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, thank you very much for your responses. I ordered the book. Now if I can just manage to give it to my client and not keep it for myself.