Notify
Tools

Binocular Web Sites
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted
Okay to start all we have is Wal-Mart.

I am looking for some websites to get a pair of binos from. I am tired of the low quality pair I have and have needed a pair for the last 3 trips over. My eyes also are not what they were when I first went over in 1988. I know binoculars.com, cabelas etc....

Do any of you have suggestions on sites that you have used and are pleased with that you will recommened.

O yea, I know Google also. I am looking for good sites that YOU use.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 10x Zeiss from Cableas several years ago for $600.00

Posts: 527 | Location: New Orleans,La. | Registered: 27 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bearbasin.com

I have purchased 2 scopes through them and was quite pleased. They sell binos as well.

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I bought my binos from Doug. Minox, and I think they are a great bargain for the quality of the glass. Seems like I paid between $600 and $700.

Mike

Posts: 21374 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a good deal on a Leica bino from Opticsplanet.com in'05. Haven't perused them lately.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
An AR member, gr8fuldoug, represents Cameraland, web site is www.camaralandny.com , and I just took delivery of modestly priced Minox IF (individual focus) binoculars and am very satisfied. A very good quality price ratio on these binoculars. But Doug has all the high end stuff as well.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have to shop around. What is cheap on one site may not be cheap on another. I concur with checking http://www.cameralandny.com/ they have a good selection of "demo" units. As noted above, Doug (the owner?) posts here, so you have a more "personal" contact...

Another option is http://www.samplelist.com/ - they also have quite a selection of demo optic devices.

The http://www.theopticzone.com/ is very good for certain devices - I have mostly used them for scopes.

http://www.eurooptic.com/ is another good site.

Finally, don't forget eBay - although buying from eBay is a bit more involved and possibly even riskier (I have never actualy had a problem), you can often find good prices there.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for Opticsplanet. I am about to get a new rangefinder from them.

Posts: 35 | Location: KS | Registered: 05 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. This should get me started very well.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you buy a set of binoculars may I suggest that you visit this site:

http://betterviewdesired.com/

They are a good source of reviews for binoculars and spotting scopes.

Hope this helps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just checked my receipts...also bought a Leica rangefinder and a Leupold LPS scope from Optics Planet. I checked around a lot and found them to be the cheapest, although this was a couple of years ago, so someone else may beat them now. Delivery was prompt, as I recall.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.binoculars.com is well worth a look.

And always give Jim Rockstad ( who advertises in Safari Times ) a call. He is fantastic to deal with. A real gentleman.

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.samplelist.com is the used section for riflescopes.com
These guys are great to deal with and so are their prices..........wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at gr8fuldoug post today in classifieds. These show samples are really good deals. I have bought several scopes from the list and am very satisfied.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote