New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ele bull hunting question.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you had the funds and wanted to hunt a bull ele and its ivory was importable,where would you choose to hunt?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
the Caprivi- the same genetics/animals as the thick ivoried bulls in Botswana. they just walk across the Chobe River from the NP into the conservancies in the Caprivi. other areas of Namibia likewise have nice bulls but i am unfamiliar with them.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dande with CMS in April with a Merkel that hasn't had all the screws taken out and put back in. Previous to this April. There was a 100% success rate....
Sorry, i just couldn't help but kid. What size Ivory? Obviously the Caprivi as stated and you see several offers like with Mokore in the SVC and Sengwa. Between people like CMS and Mokore success doesnt get higher. Zambia also has some permits now which would be 100% successful

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Bourbon..

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Of the areas I've personally hunted in, without doubt I'd try for 60lber+ in the Save Valley Conservancy on either Humani, Sango or Mokore ( depending on time of year )

From what I hear and read, you probably couldn't go wrong in the Caprivi either

If you don't mind boundary hunts and hunting at night then a place like Maheneye, but for the sake of possibly getting an elephant with an extra 15lbs, I wouldn't trade a traditional hunt for a boundary at night hunt!!!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BwaBwata Nat. Park with Allan Cilliers. He has super jumbo hunting. This is the last year of his lease and booked for 2015 but hopefully he will get it back in the renewal.

Jack Atcheson & Sons

www.atcheson.com

GO HUNTING NOW WHILE YOU ARE PHYSICALLY ABLE

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, the renewal process results will be known in about 2 weeks. should be interesting.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George as I posted earlier-

In Zim having hunted many areas- out the areas that I would consider fair chase and satisfying hunting and value for money I would go to the Forestry blocks bordering Wankie. It is a quality hunt with a chance of a real good ele and above all one sees alot of bulls. Organization camp though is average but that is the price one pays for going there.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Buzz, plenty of areas outside Gonarezhou are classic tracking.
We hunting agricultural areas and forested hills and I never felt like we patroled border. One bull we got was holed up in hills more suited for elk hunting
Hell of a hike
We went out two nights and it was very exciting as well , especially when we got surrounded by big herd of buffs.
Still remember Nixon saying " We might have to shoot our way out of this "
They finally smelled us and ran around us. Close quarters, but we lucked out.
Anyway, perceptions can vary

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote