New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Birch Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted with him? It may be called Hunt the Sun as well.

I am trying to find out for a friend.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vicki shot a nice sable on his property three years ago. We were only there one night and parts of two days. I believe that he has other properties to hunt in addition to his main one. It is a fairly typical South African high fence game farm, nice accommodations, decent food and service, and quite a lot of game species available. It is located on the edge of the Kalahari, so there is more than one type of terrain to hunt in. If your friend has never been to Africa before, I believe that he would have a very nice time. It would also be easy to visit Kimberly and the old mining operation there. Lots of reasonably priced bling to take home as gifts for the family. Hope this helps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
While I have not personally hunt with him or his company, the last time I was in Africa in 2016,my PH who knows Mike Birch quite well and spoke highly of him. We (me, the wife and my PH) stayed at his place outside of Kimberley and on his property we hunted successfully for my own sable. The lodge was well put up, good food over the short time we were there, also a one night and part of two days stay. I've met Mike and had some interesting discussions with him. His company, Hunt the Sun, always has a booth at the outdoor shows that I get too here in the Pacific Northwest. Mike doesn't always go to all the shows, but is usually present at the one in Portland, OR. Other than the high fenced game farm shooting/hunting that many don't like, doesn't bother me tho, his place could be a good first time African hunt destination. Hope this helps.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.