New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Dream Safari
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Which is the safari of your dreams?

Mine would probably be an extended hunt for elephant, lion, buffalo, and kudu. Wouldn't pass up an eland or Zebra either.

It would not matter much to me who the PH was as long they are easy to get along with, game was plentiful, and the hunting was good. Couldn't have any phone or internet connections. I would drop off the face of the earth and resurface when the hunt was over. To me hunting a lot of times is a way of escape.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Steve, I'm still dreaming about my last one. And having nightmares about the taxidermy bill.

21 days in either Tanzania, Ethiopia, Botswana or Zambia with my kids along is my new dream.

Sweet dreams and Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
Forrest

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SBT,

Since we're dreaming.....

A month....hell 6 weeks in Tanzania focusing on Lion, Buffalo and a serious attempt to collect all the major species of plains game. Of special interest to me are Sable(common & Roosevelt), Kudu, Lesser Kudu, Fringe-Eared Oryx, S. Gerenuk, Eland(East African), Bushbuck(EA), Roan(EA), Waterbuck(Common,E.A & Ugandan), Nyasaland Wildebeest, Sitatunga(Zambezi & EA),Impala(EA), Thompson's Gazelle, S.Grant's Gazelle, White-Bearded Wildebeest, Puku, Hartebeests(Coke, Lelwel, Lichstien) plus any other species I find along the way.

Real simple guy....I don't ask for much do I?

Oh, and while I'm on the subject I'd also like to do a similar hunt in Zambia...with a focus on Buff, Lion and plainsgame....especially Sable.

Almost forgot to mention...that I just have to go on these hunts with a pair of custom rifles made up special for the safari.

Dreaming...hell I think I'm bloody delusional. It must be all the Turkey.....and beer.

Regards,

Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to live in Tanzania part time and hunt as a resident whenever I wanted. Yep that'd do it for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A dream safari: 10 weeks of walking elephant tracks in Mozambique, not limited by concession boundaries (go anywhere we want). Sleep on the tracks at night because the munts carry backpacks with food. Shoot only a 100 pounder.

This hunt combines elephant hunting, weight loss and a serious fitness program all for one low price.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do they offer that hunt along the Rio Grande?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they will sooner or later.

Right now they are booked solid on the central and southwest asian packages for the next few years.

That rifle by the way is a chopped and channeled M-14. Like the saying goes "this ain't your pappy's battle rifle".

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
looks to me 500 like that guys in afgan hunting the whily osmabingopher and as soon as that gopher shows its little rag head ........boom splat.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
10 days in the Okavango delta for Bufflo and plainsgame followed by 7 days in the Kalahari for leopard, eland and gemsbok,then back to the delta for bird hunting and fishing. Maybe stop by Vic Falls if Bob is finally gone to his just reward.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
To go back in time and "walk up" tusker elephants with Karamojo Bell.

I might carry a slightly heavier rifle than he though...

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote