THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: How Would You Rate The Countries?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How Would You Rate The Countries?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
Anyone hunt the Caprivi in namibia?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stevie,

What was your flight routing to Zimbabwe? I may come out of Dallas or El Paso.

Posts: 13821 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco,

We flew Delta straight through to Atlanta. South African Airways to JoBerg. We overnighted at the Afton House in JoBerg. We then flew into Harare on SAA. I would not recommend South African Airways for the many reasons discussed on this forum.

Posts: 245 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I've hunted Zimbabwe on 5 different trips, have never had a lick of trouble. Always had a great trip. Hunted in the southern part of Zim, private land. Took Leopard, Hippo, buffalo, croc and many, many very good plainsgame. Hunted up in the Victoria Falls area too, National Parks, Matetsi area. Took Elephant, croc, Hyena and plainsgame. Going back next year for Lion and Sable. Hunted with a company called "Buffalo Range Safaris" Five star outfit! Excellent PH's and always a excellent hunt! Check them out, your welcomed to email me...
As always, Good Hunting!!!!!! Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
W416

Thanks for the info. The Matetsi keeps coming up the more I discuss Zimbabwe.

Did you dip & crate in Zim and have the trophies flown back to your taxidermist at home?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Comparing Tanzania to Zimbabwe I'm hearing that Tanzania has better odds of a 40" bull, whereas 38" might be the norm in Zim, although the Zim buff would have the more impressive bosses.

Does anyone have experience in Botswana? I don't think of it as being a top country for buffalo, but maybe I'm missing something.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The best place for BIG Buffalo (IMHO) is Masailand Tanzania, but the herds are not as numerous as the Selous.

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Kensco - - - Yes, they were dipped , crated and shipped home. To me, I'm a taxidermist, and licenced by USDA & USF&W to clear shippments. I book safaris for Buffalo Range Safaris. I take a small group over every year. Plus sending clients. Matetsi is a good area, lots of game. I saw 4 lions this past June, saw two on bait and a male & female walking down a road.

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote