Find
Notify
Tools

100% success rate on Buffalo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Are there outfitters who have a 100% success rate on Cape Buffalo, outside of ranches? Is there an area where an outfitter can practically "guarantee" a reasonably good buff without it being in a pen?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you guarantee you will be able to 100% make the shot when the opportunity is presented to you?

There are many outfitters who can guarantee 100% that you will have an opportunity of a shot but the 100% success will depend on you the shooter. Wink

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it depends very much on the trophy quality you expect?!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2092 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I should think there are quite a few that will offer you a 100% opportunity at a shot at one. The rest is up to you.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
Can you guarantee you will be able to 100% make the shot when the opportunity is presented to you?

There are many outfitters who can guarantee 100% that you will have an opportunity of a shot but the 100% success will depend on you the shooter. Wink
tu2

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The information isn't for me. An acquaintance paid for a hunt in South Africa, on a ranch of relatively small size, and didn't even see a buffalo. Basically he was screwed out of a lot of money, there was no buff on the property. I told him he should have checked up on the outfitter before putting down any money, but that is water under the bridge.

He asked me how he could find out about an outfitter that could be considered reliable in respect to a buffalo hunt, so I thought I would check AR for some input. Thanks for telling me it depends on how good a shot I am, I did not know that.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Wink,

There are many who can offer very high success rates on free ranging buffalo and some 100%.

I would recommend your mate deal with a good agent who can ply him with information and deals to suit his needs and his budget. Bit like booking a holiday?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have known Leon at Save Safaris for about 9 years. Last year was the first year I ever saw a client leave without a buffalo, but he passed up several good shooter bulls looking for a giant. If I just wanted to shoot any sized hard bossed bull there I could probably kill at least two a day there. You might want to look for him on the discounted and offered hunts section. I know he placed an ad there a few weeks back.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if somebody offers me a 100% guarantee i run like hell the other way. many years back i went on a caribou hunt that had a 100%chance guarantee. their idea of a chance was that i would have a chance of shooting an animal, whether it be bull cow or calf. i became rather sick when i watched a couple of bow hunters exercise their guarantee by shooting a cow with a calf out of canoe at a range of perhaps 10'

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I know there are outfitters that hunts South Africa's Greater Kruger National Park (Klasarie & Timbavatti) that will guarantee you a buffalo.

Posts: 402 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
My acquaintance made the error of booking a hunt without talking to me, or without talking to several of my friends that he knows as well, who could have provided him with some very good references and contacts.

I will pass on the info about Save Safaris as well. Maybe he will get it right this time, he seems to have trouble taking advice and got taken to the cleaners.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
I know there are outfitters that hunts South Africa's Greater Kruger National Park (Klasarie & Timbavatti) that will guarantee you a buffalo.

I know Jan Dumon fairly well, and I think he could have provided a decent buff in the Greater Kruger. Some people just don't know how to do their homework; I'm working on being more believable.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
My acquaintance made the error of booking a hunt without talking to me, or without talking to several of my friends that he knows as well, who could have provided him with some very good references and contacts.

I will pass on the info about Save Safaris as well. Maybe he will get it right this time, he seems to have trouble taking advice and got taken to the cleaners.

His first mistake was not spending some time on AR. He would have had a much better time.
Thanks again to Saeed for sponsoring such an invaluable resource as AR. beer

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:

His first mistake was not spending some time on AR. He would have had a much better time.
Thanks again to Saeed for sponsoring such an invaluable resource as AR. beer

That's what I keep telling him. He also believes in the basic honesty of people. I also believe in the basic honesty of people, except when they're not honest.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the money he wants to spend, but there are several operators in Tanzania who will get him a shot at a buff. And there is always the possibility of coming back with truly great trophy.

Two booking agents who post here regularly, Wendell Reich and Mark Young, can be of help. There are also some others that I don't know personally who I have heard are very good.

I'm a relative amateur with only two buff hunts on my sheet, but so far I'm batting .1000 on buff in Tanzania. I booked through Wendell.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Who screwed him? It's only fair that we should at least know that much information, in order to make sure that everyone here on AR can avoid them at all cost.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
100% buff? Not even in good buff country is it 100%. But some areas are closer to 100% than others.

And then the PH can always claim that a 35" buff is huge! Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Wink,

There are numerous Buffalo hunts that carry excellent success, provided the hunter can walk and SEE. Seeing the animal and making the shot is up to the hunter.

The PH can take you there, the hunter must do his part and not have ridiculous expectations.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Who screwed him? It's only fair that we should at least know that much information, in order to make sure that everyone here on AR can avoid them at all cost.

Since local investigations are under way and legal action pending, I am advised to not reveal anything. However, once I can I will let you know. If someone wants to PM me I would be glad to provide what I can, with the caveat that it doesn't get posted. The outfitter is French and I have never seen a post by them on AR.