THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    2.5X Lyman Permacenter, the big game scope

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2.5X Lyman Permacenter, the big game scope
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Having sold seveal of my large stock of 3X Leupolds on AR lately and have not had much action on selling a couple of the 2.5X Lymans and that peaked my curiosty...

The Lyman 2.5x is all steel, has wonderful optics, has permanetly centered cross hairs, is as long as a 3X Leupold, so is this scope not well known among the masses....

It is truly a sleeper, I have 3 of them and they are not expensive like the Leupold, and they have enough length, like the 3X Leupold, to properly function on a long action big bore..??????????

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42131 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Ray,
Send me one. I will be happy to try it out and give a field report vs. leupolds. beer

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
How much?

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Lyman still honor the warranty on these? The strength of Leupolds in the used scope market is that if you don't like the scope, just run over it with your pickup, mail it to Oregon, and in a week there will be a brand new scope in your mailbox.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Atkinson

I haven't figured how to PM on this new iteration of this site. I would like one to mount on a .416 rigby cz550 would it stand up to the battering? thinking of mounting it in warnes medium rings(QD).

will you send to singapore if i send us money order? email me with price please. guy_hohxx@hotmail.com remove the xx please.

thank you very much. tm

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really don't know what Lymans policy is, as I have never had one go bad and I have used them on all big my bigbores up to a 458 as I recall.....but scope repair is done by a number of folks these days so that should not be a problem with any scope today...

Trapmonkey,
You have mail...

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42131 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, You have a PM. Jerry

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, what's the difference in a Lyman Permacenter 2.5x and a Lyman All American 2.5x. Are they one and the same? Or does one predate the other. I know that both are one-inch tubes, as opposed the the 7/8 tube on the Lyman Alaskan (another truly excellent instrument).

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek,
Early Lyman All American scopes didn't have centered reticles for one thing other than that they are basically the same scope..but with the early Lymans always be sure they have the centered reticle or you will need fully adjustable rings and bases, and I remember those days, never liked that setup....

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree. Another one is the old Weaver's with the post reticle which is one of my favorites for fast, close in shooting. I have a 2.5X on my .458 and .416 and with a couple of hundred rounds thru each, no problems.

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My old buddies George Hoffman and Finn Aagard also liked those old Weavers, and I never used anything else until I was 40 years old..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120