Notify
Tools

Re: Buff Hunt Raffle II
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Brent Iowa USA

Why is it mostly Americans who are so egger to restrict the rest of us from using other calibers ?
I furthermore think that NO caliber restcition would make more people buy tickets.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hell, no caliber restriction is not interesting to me. Who cares if you shoot one with a .458 Lott? Not I. Keep it interesting. The .45-70 started this whole notion. Seems we should all get to see it go down. Nothing else has the curiosity-controversy factor that the .45-70 does. So, let's keep it. Anyone that can afford a $100 ticket to two and is getting an otherwise free buffalo hunt can either buy or arrange to borrow a .45-70. I certainly would love to hunt a cape buff for the price of a rifle-minus resale plus $100 ticket.

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Saeed and members,

From the responses so far, most are agreeable to the 45/70 lever gun idea. This will be the platform from which to continue.

I think you may be ignoring several members who objected to a caliber restriction.

Why try to force the 45-70 on someone who doesn't want it? If you are running the raffle, so I suppose you can make up any rule you want, like the winner has to hunt buffalo in a prom dress, but that will not necessarily make it a better hunt. Let's leave the caliber up to the winner so that he can have fun his own way.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
I hear you 500grains

NO CALIBER RESTRICTION

We all love Africa and have all the right gear I would feel stupid walking around with a leaver gun in cal. 45/70 knowinf that there was better rifles in the safe ....at home

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The winner is holding onto it. I don't know what her plans are.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Brent, if you win the raffle, then you should use whatever rifle and caliber that you and your PH feel comfortable with. I just do not understand why it is necessary to for someone to use a 45-70 if he does not want to.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

If your health is back, your desire there, and willing again to go the non-sense, would you handle the booking portion of this raffle. Maybe Mike might lend a hand. You have the necessary booking experience that's needed to make this work. Money collections can be worked out later if we can secure a outfitter and deal with exact costing.
My original post, OKed by Saeed, was a feeling out post. The caliber selection portion did matter to me, but apparently most don't like. Again, I don't care.

Thanks,

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be willing to use whatever. I have an article here somewhere about a guy that took a 45/70 to Africa and did well. If I have to buy a rifle (shucks, gosh, darn ) then I will.

Bush camp would be cool. Luxury is nice too. As long as I get to hunt I don't care.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote