Notify
Tools

Dreaming of Africa.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
...but moving to Vermont!

I will have a new residence in a new state tomorrow afternoon. Got a new "paying job" too but will still continue with my hunting offers.

I just may be off line a few days but my cell phone will still find me if anyone is in need. The number is on my website.

So, for now, during the trip my partner and I will listen to the excellent DVD book- Into Africa, the story of Stanley and Livinstone and their adventures in Zanzibar and what is now Tanzania.

Memories from last summer:

~Ann

Posts: 19188 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
There are states where it is not so cold...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann- Best of luck in the move. There are few things in life more difficult than a major relocation. Did you see any of that "stuff" you moved the last two or three times and did not touch inbetween!

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and have a great trip!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
You go girl!!

Talk to you when you get settled in

Safe trip.......

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ann, Safe trip and look forward to hearing from you after you settle in..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann;

Congratulations on your new job and move.

I just love the photo of you shooting your elephant. (I depart for my Canadian and Alaskan black bear hunts tomorrow.) I'll look forward to hearing about your move when I get back.

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Ann,
Best of luck to you on your new home and new job. Vermont is a beautiful state. You should enjoy it there.

I'll be anxious to hear, in a week or two, how everything works out.

All the best.
FBB

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome neighbor!

I hope you enjoy living(hunting & fishing) in the Northeast and Vermont in particular...!

Best Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anne, wishing you great sucess in your new job,,

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new job, Vermont is a lovely part of the world.
BTW what is the second pic, a tail?

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
things are starting to warmup Just accross the border in NY turkey season starts tomorow. Welcome to the northeast. maybe you will get one of those VT moose permits!
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
Ann:

Congrats on the move to Vermont! If you need a gun dealer contact there, I have a good friend in Windsor I can hook you up with. He and his wife are great people. Send me a PM or e-mail.

Interesting that you're listening to Into Africa. I'm reading John Bierman's Dark Safari: The Life Behind the Legend of Henry Morton Stanley and it would interesting to see how the account you're listening to compares to mine. In mine, Stanley's quite the odd character and hardly a nice person.

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vermont, eh? Enjoy the fall colours!

And if you DO come across one of those boxes that were untouched since the last move. Just chuck'm out. I've got a garage full of them.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slingster:
I'm reading John Bierman's Dark Safari: The Life Behind the Legend of Henry Morton Stanley and it would interesting to see how the account you're listening to compares to mine. In mine, Stanley's quite the odd character and hardly a nice person.

Slingster, I have that book, too. Tried very hard to get into it, but finally had to put it down. Just didn't grab me. How are you finding it?

I agree that Stanley comes off as "odd".

Oh, and good luck with your move, Ann!!!! thumb

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fischer:

Slingster, I have that book, too. Tried very hard to get into it, but finally had to put it down. Just didn't grab me. How are you finding it?

I agree that Stanley comes off as "odd".

Not the best written book, I agree, but I found the background story of the man and his expeditions to be educational. The numerous hardships and significant numbers of deaths on his treks is not something you'd see in movies and such. The movie that comes closest to showing how grueling the early African explorations were is "Mountains of the Moon," but the descriptions of Stanley's expeditions go well beyond it.

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frans Diepstraten:
Vermont, eh?

Frans

she said Vermont, Frans, not Canada!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 322 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Ann!

(Although I'd be headed West and/or South!)

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Well, I am here! Day three with the new job and all is well. For those who have never been here before I can tell you it is very pretty, forested mountains and lots of streams.

~Ann

Posts: 19188 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new job and the new home in Vermont, Ann. I'm sure it will all work out great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ann. "Live free or die."---Your new state's motto or slogan.
M

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I think that's New Hampshire. Vermont's is:
Freedom and Unity

or as an alternative, go to : Funny State Mottos

Ann:
Don't forget to look at the CSI schools offered at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center for local govt's. Come see me!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7584 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ann, glad you made it safe and sound..You have a new nieghbor across the border from you..Dean...aka tonto

Wait till you climb those mountains all dressed up in winter clothes.... Big Grin

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote