THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Raoul Ramoni - Tanzania Big Game Safaris

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raoul Ramoni - Tanzania Big Game Safaris
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CFA
posted
Has anyone hunted with Raoul or have information on Tanzania Big Game Safaris? I am considering booking with them later if the fees don't go through the roof.

Any information you have would be appreciated.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't hunted with them but I researched them and referenced checked them. One of the best in TZ. If you do search you'll find some threads to read. Hope this helps. PM me if you want more info.

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two local hunters have hunted with him 5-6 times and have another 21 day full bag booked for 2009. These could have no budget and could hunt with anyone they wanted so I guess they run a good operation.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CFA;

I have done two 21 day safaris with Raoul and they were both fantastic. In 2001, I broke my leg the first day of the safari (clumsy, just tripped) and went on, with the help of my PH's, to harvest lion, leopard, 3-buff and 20 other plains game. We went back last year to see if I could do it with 2 good legs and had a great time. I highly recommend Raoul, his company, staff and camps!

PM me if you want any other info.

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine who has been to Africa many many times, killed the big five twice over, as well as almost everything else in Africa hunts with Raoul and counts he and his family as close friends. He could hunt with anybody!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
....killed the big five twice over...

Big four Wink No rhino in TZ beer

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big four No rhino in TZ

No, he has killed one for sure and maybe 2 white rhino. But I believe he shot the rhino in RSA on a ranch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is what I meant that he shot the Big 4 "In Tz" with Raoul. Sorry, should have been clearer. thumb

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
The Hippo is pretty big, hey.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote