Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with a friend or solo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
For my first safari, I went to Africa alone. It was a great time, but the only person in camp besides myself was my PH. Granted we talked about alot of other things besides hunting around the fire at night, but it would have been fun to have a buddy there to relive the day's events.

I've got two very good friends who I wouldn't hesitate to hunt 2x1 with. I've met a couple guys here on AR who I'd hunt 2x1 with also. We shared a mule deer hunting camp this past fall. Some days we hunted together, other days we'd strike out alone. In the end, only one of us didn't fill our tag and there certainly wasn't any chess pumping going around regarding antler sizes of the deer we took.

In August, I'm heading back to RSA to hunt with a close friend and someone who I've only spoken with either on the phone or via email, which we'll all be hunting 1x1. My buddy, I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with 2x1! We've hunted several times together within the last 3 years, or so, and some of our best times were hunting prairie dogs together and spotting for each other. Heck we even had to play rock, paper, scissors to shoot some prairie dogs and the LOSER had to shoot, while the WINNER did the spotting, and continued to enjoy his favorite beverage.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't mind hunting with a partner, if were some of the ones I've described above.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote