THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    My Favourite Snakeman - Iodine Ionides

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Favourite Snakeman - Iodine Ionides
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
An Englishman by the name of Constantine Ionides (Iodine to his very few friends!).

Lived in a retirement house just outside the Selous. His house was not for the faint-hearted. Pet snakes crawled in teh rafters and if anyone flinched when a snake fell into their food, Ionides would usher them out.

Once Idine was sitting in teh dark in his outside long-drop toilet, when he felt a snake slithering across his legs. He sat stock still, carefully measuring and identifying the snake. Then he ran inside to for his stick, catching the biggeset black mamba ever seen in Tanzania!

He was accurately described as Snake Man.

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

...Once Idine was sitting in teh dark in his outside long-drop toilet, when he felt a snake slithering across his legs...

That's about the best cure for constipation I have ever heard of.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Pet snakes crawled in teh rafters and if anyone flinched when a snake fell into their food, Ionides would usher them out.

He'd have to catch me before he could usher me out!

It was all my wife could handle with the bats circling the dining table while we had dinner.

(Actually, on both our Zim and Namibia safaris.)

It didn't help any when my wife had a "deposit" fall on her hand while she was eating...

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

Pet snakes crawled in teh rafters and if anyone flinched when a snake fell into their food, Ionides would usher them out.

He'd have to catch me before he could usher me out!

It was all my wife could handle with the bats circling the dining table while we had dinner.

(Actually, on both our Zim and Namibia safaris.)

It didn't help any when my wife had a "deposit" fall on her hand while she was eating...

Rick.

OK, this goes on the list of "Things not to tell your girlfriend when trying to talk her into accompanying you to Africa."

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Last week I picked up a 3 meter olive python that had been injured by a vehicle. I heard a car pull up behind me and a US Marine yelled out "GOD DAM" Thinking since he pulled up he might like to see the snake. I took one pace toward him and he screamed, jump back in the car and spead off squeeling the wheels

I caught up with him in the pub a week later and chased him around the bar with a piece of grass sticking out of my cupped hands pretending it was a small snake

Big tough Marine's my foot

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote