Find
Notify
Tools

Trophies coming home photo link
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Well all smiles Big Grin going to pick my friend for company and lifting power... Get a fresh cup of java and driving to Jamaica, N.Y. to Fauna & Flora to bring home 4 crates and 758 lbs. of trophies...
Want to see my big ivory and giant croc again...

http://picasaweb.google.com/retreever/TanzTrophies

Mike Cool dancing

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
great beer congrats - I know the feeling - mine should be here on Monday

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Those guys at Flora and Fauna helped with mine. They worked through a problem with my warthog and USDA. Got it squared away in a couple hours, real nice folks.
It will be like Christmas morning when you open that box!
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Watch out when opening those crates! It seems someone has seen a family member of a certain black mamba sneaking into one of them! animal

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Mike, did you just have your stuff dipped and packed or is it mounted?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Great News Mike!
Give me a call when you get a chance!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want to see my big ivory and giant croc again...

We want to see it to! Don't forget the camera.

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
great news mike cant wait to see the pics brian

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Let me tell you the ivory is out of this world... God smiled on me for this safari...
Well friends this in another chapter of my AR hunt trophies home and the final chapter won't be written till taxidermy bill comes in...

http://picasaweb.google.com/retreever/TanzTrophies

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All day trek, huh? Is it usual to ship the ele skull also? I thought that in most cases, just the tusks would be shipped back. Good going, now all you have to do now is get the hides processed into mounts or skins.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Hey they are some great pictures Mike, and some very pretty ivory.

That road-trip to NYC is a real hoot, isn't it! Dare I ask what it costs to ship 758lbs from Tanzania???

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike

Fantastic!

Have an idea for your croc - line his insides with rubber and make a pool toy out of him!

Jim

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
WOW! WOW! I love it! By the way, Mike, I love your labs. I'm a died in the wool lab man myself having had blacks and chocolates. Right now, my chocolate lab is going on 13, but he's still a great dog. Congratulations, my friend. Everything looks real good!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
WOW! WOW! I love it! By the way, Mike, I love your labs. I'm a died in the wool lab man myself having had blacks and chocolates. Right now, my chocolate lab is going on 13, but he's still a great dog. Congratulations, my friend. Everything looks real good!

I've gotta ditto all that. Great looking trophies and great looking labs.

My chocolate lab is celebrating his 13th birthday today! I BBQ'd him his very own bison sirloin steak...he's a happy camper. Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Home safe ! thumb No wonder you are all big smiles Michael, I love those pics Smiler

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Ivory! Congrats again Mike.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wow, Mike... congrats again on some super trophies!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Mike!! Nice trophies!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! That Elephant shull is gonna be one heck uva conversation piece Whatcha gonna do with it?

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Incredible! Great Trophies! I know how happy you must be to have everything safely home. The wait for the taxidermy is never as bad as waiting for things to reach the US. Congratulations again on a great Safari. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
The only thing missing from the pictures is some champagne to open the crates with.

I would not like to be in your guys shoes waiting so long for trophies would kill me especially when you know that they are in a far away country.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
475, I wanted to have the skull here in Pa. There is not a skull for a 100 miles, may be...
They are so different looking and will be a great conversation piece..

Going to end up in my rock garden in the back yard....

It still makes me smile at the size of the ivory... Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
475, I wanted to have the skull here in Pa. There is not a skull for a 100 miles, may be...
They are so different looking and will be a great conversation piece..

Going to end up in my rock garden in the back yard.... diggin

It still makes me smile at the size of the ivory... Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Awesome trophies, Mike! Well done and well deserved!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
animal animal rotflmo rotflmo

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
How did you manage to get your capes and skins without them going to the USDA approved tannery first, every shipping broker I have talked to say this is a must.

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jtex,

I was the pick up agent for a USDA approved Taxidermist...He faxed Fauna & Flora a paper on his stationary stating so...Then I picked up the crates after clearing USF&W and USDA and dropped all crates at taxidermmist...Brought home ivory and skull and monkeys and all other skins going to tannery...

Mike