THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Looking for info on hunting in Namibia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for info on hunting in Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunter's Wife-To-Be
posted
Can anyone provide first-hand information about Ras Safaris on the Caprivi Strip in Namibia? What are the PHs like? What are the camps like? How are the game numbers?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Posts: 49 | Location: La-La Land | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Do a search on the forums here using the find tab. You will find a few items - most discussing a problem or law suit.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Ras Safaris - A south African outfit who operates in Namibia as well I think that says it all ! shocker Have a look at the Napha posts.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have now read all the related threads regarding the controversies in Namibia. As a novice to African hunting I have to admit that it's pretty confusing, but I'm slogging away at learning all I can. If you read my hunting-virgin thread, then you know that the most wonderful man and I planning a trip for 2010. And although he is an experienced African hunter, I am not, but I do want to be actively involved in all the researching/planning.

Frederik, I do have one question for you, if you don't mind. (Keep in mind I'm really new at this.) Why is it bad that an outfitter operates in more than one country? Wouldn't that be like a business that has sites in more than one state over here in the USA? Is there an issue I'm not seeing?

Oh, and thanks to all who sent me private messages regarding this. I have responded to all received thus far.

Posts: 49 | Location: La-La Land | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but except for Mozambique, and Tanzania one has to be a permanent resident or citizen of that particular country to be a professional hunter in Zimbabwe, Namibia and Botswana. That is the law so I for example cannot become a ph in Namibia as a South African.

Just the logistics where you are hunting with a South African outfitter in Namibia for instance if he sits in South Africa and needs to get your trophies out his hands are cut off and must go trough the professional hunter he has used in Namibia who did the hunt then say for example the PH wasn't paid or had a bit of a run in with the South African outfitter what stops him for forgetting of the paperwork and what will the South African outfitter do from his side. (Just one example)

Basically it comes down to using a registered outfitter/PH for a specific country it will save you a lot of hassles and a middle man.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay. I see your point. Thanks for clarifying. I was just wondering.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
everybody has their hand out in multi-country deals; and nobody will take any responsibility for any screw ups.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HWTB,

Fredrick is correct. If you book with an operator that does not have his ducks in a row there could be additional complication caused the company being based in one country and operating in another. Unfortunately South Africans seems to get involved in these complications more than others. The point here is that Fredrick said nothing directly about RAS safaris. Anton RAS operates as Kuzuma Safaris in the Caprivi. Just because a company from RSA in reality is the money behind a Namibian company there is no reason to assume that a booking with them will be problematic. If Anton as a South African cannot actually guide clients that does not mean that employees of Kazuma that are Namibina PH cannot do the guiding.

Many safari operations are owned by or run by interests outside the coutry where the safaris are held. Some examples would be our own Tanzania Bundu Safaris, Tanzania Game Trackers Safaris, Jack Btittingham's outfit, Bahati Safaris that I just hunted with, Athoyl Frelinck's operation in Zambia and the list goes on and on. Heck! Swanepoel&Scandrol operate in about every country in Africa. The point is there is no inherent problem with a properly run operation conducting safaris in multiple coutries.

The problems come and has come to light most recently in Namibia when all is not legal.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter's Wife-To-Be:
Can anyone provide first-hand information about Ras Safaris on the Caprivi Strip in Namibia? What are the PHs like? What are the camps like? How are the game numbers?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Hunter's Wife-To-Be

I just returned from Namibia on Wednesday. I hunted with CEC Safaris (www.cecsafaris.com) and I took my wife along. You might look at this website and contact Elaine Coetzee and ask your questions. She and her husband Cornie operate CEC Safaris. She is one of the very few female PHs in Namibia and was very helpful to my wife. I’m sure she would answer any question you might have.