Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello all,
After a long and frustrating fight with our wildlife authority I have finally managed to get licenses to hunt this year.
I will be hunting an area called Lunga Luswishi and on the cards are the following animals,
hartebeest/impala/puku/warthog and bushbuck
I have never hunted this area although i have fished this same area so the plan is to do nothing but hunt fish and relax for two weeks in the bush.
I will keep you all posted on the outcome.
I must add during my fight with the officials the forums have kept me going and a special thanks to Saeed for posting the short clips it did help the withdrawal symptoms.
Unfortunately the way things are going we just might loose the chance to hunt as citizens the allure of the mighty dollar is kicking in, which regretably i have to admit the hunting areas do need to exist, and despite efforts the citizen hunters are failing to come to a compromise.

regards

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Something is wrong when a resident can't hunt in his or her own country. Hunting is doomed if it it only for the wealthy.

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
There's no doubt that there are a lot of "powerful people" deriving financial benefit from the hunting dollars (as with in any/all African countries). The good news is that sport hunting is open and expanding in Zambia. What you are experiencing is unfortunately one of the downsides. Even my PH, who lives in Livingston, said this is a problem. The strange thing is that it effects the government types too. I was talking with a gentleman/businessman from Zambia at the hotel in Lusaka, he said that his friends are "outdoorsy types" but recently have been doing much more fishing then hunting.

In any event, you got your license and I wish you much luck and enjoyment on your hunt, and look forward to stories and pictures!

Regards,

Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote