New
Find
Notify
Tools

CITES permit, quick question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On the Cites permit it asks "Have you obtained any required state or foreign government approval to conduct the activity you propose"? What is the correct response here? The possibilities are "Yes", "No", and "Not required" The PH pulls the necessary licences and I don't see them in the states. This is for Leopard. Just don't wan't to slow things down!
Peter.

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

You have made arrangments for the license by contracting for the safari. I'd put "yes". I'm sure that's what I did on my last application.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rich. The problem is that, if you say "yes", then they want a copy attached!
peter.

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't find the copy of my last applicaton. Guess if the actually want any referenced document I'd go with the "not required". BTW, my permit came much sooner than I expected.I applied in early March and got it APril 15th.

Rich ELliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote