Tools

Re: My Favorite Safari Photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted
T.Carr,

Quote:

That is my wife, Carol. She loves Africa, although she doesn't hunt, she still has a great time.
[/quote

....lucky bastard!

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
BwanaBob,

That is my wife, Carol. She loves Africa, although she doesn't hunt, she still has a great time.

Bwanamich,

Yes, northern Tanzania (Longido) and the croc is from the Selous.

jbderunz,

That is a small-body northern Tanzania bull elephant. It's my understanding that most of the Tanzania elephant carry long thin ivory.

Allen,

I shot the mare for a rug and the stallion stopped about 150 yards away to see what happened. Big mistake. The stallion is now a shoulder mount. Two one-shot kills with a .375 H&H. The PH had a "curse" about zebra and was not happy when I told him I wanted two of them. We broke the curse in short order.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Good photos and thanks for sharing them. I like the shots with your partner (?) in them and all smiles - she seems to like the safari lifestyle. Good photos of Africa also make me realise that I have to get my act together and get back to Africa, and soon!

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like classic Africa to me.Thanks for showing us and stimulate mutual interest.Nice trophies on top of it.

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Those are the kinds of pictures you go to Africa for

Awesome thanks. Love the tandem zebras that is an excellent photo!

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
That's got to be the most expensive firewood I've ever seen.

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Those are fantastic Safari photos!

Lets see some more!

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Ann,

30" waterbuck.

No, I used the .375H&H on the croc. The game scout's .458, my .416 Rem and the PH's .577 NE are the other rifles.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Terry!

are the pics of the live ele, weavers' nests and croc from Tz? I think I recognise that country....

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was at my cousin�s home, seeing his 20+ waterbuck prominently displayed in his office. My God, should he happen to see your, his pride will turn into shame. The most elusive game ; I never find one even half the size of yours. I hope to get one in February.
Congratulations !!!!!!!
Is the elephant a female? Long but thin tusks.

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote