New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with floating bones??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for suggestions on what to do with the floating bones of my leopard.
I made a necklace from one of the dew claws which came out really nice.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had mine made into a neckless for my Granddaughter. It is too large now but she will grow into it. She is only 6. I like to give these type of gifts as they are really something unique. I treasure them (bones) and I hope she will also some day.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had mine made into a simple necklace that can be worn by a man or female.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
That's nice David. Who did the work?

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are my lion and leopard floating bones. I had Madelyn Kay (she exhibits at the SCI convention and is located in California) do them. I got the Tanzanite in Tanzania and incorporated that into my leopard.

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
That's nice David. Who did the work?

Mike

Greg Appleby with Appleby's Animals out of Hawaii did the work.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I had casts made of my lion's floating bones and then had them cast in pure silver. I have yet to do anything with the leopard's floating bones, although I now have some great ideas from the pics posted!

One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
Cambanos & Son in Johannesburg also designs and produces floating bone jewlery. Contact Vincent or Amanda and they can email pictures of some designs.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
I have a necklace made for some one of the women in my life every time I harvest a cat.

I like dew claw pendants for myself, but I find that women really appreciate the floating bones once they're backed with gold.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
Here are my lion and leopard floating bones. I had Madelyn Kay (she exhibits at the SCI convention and is located in California) do them. I got the Tanzanite in Tanzania and incorporated that into my leopard.

Regards, D. Nelson

Absolutely stunning!! Smiler

"Tackle all stressful situations like a dog –if you can’t eat it or roll in it then piss on it and walk away."

Posts: 38 | Location: Maun, Botswana | Registered: 16 June 2007Reply With Quote