Notify
Tools

PH Appiship Botswana
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Donny01
posted
Hi

My name is Donovan and I am looking to find out more about PH appiship in Botswana. I am currently studying Game Ranch Management and I am going to be doing my practical year in Botswana next year on a farm in the Tuli Block. I would like to know what are the requirements for appiship in Botswana? I have already completed my PH course in South Africa and would like some guidance or advise on what my next steps could be?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Don

Don Jooste & Doug Duckworth

doubledproductionsdon@gmail.com
doubledproductionsdoug@gmail.com
doubledproductionstara@gmail.com

Double D’ Productions

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donny01:
Hi

My name is Donovan and I am looking to find out more about PH appiship in Botswana. I am currently studying Game Ranch Management and I am going to be doing my practical year in Botswana next year on a farm in the Tuli Block. I would like to know what are the requirements for appiship in Botswana? I have already completed my PH course in South Africa and would like some guidance or advise on what my next steps could be?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Don

Don,

Welcome to the forum.

Funnily enough I've been looking into this recently for someone. It's not impossible but you would have to rely on the support of your employer...... so he's the guy you need to talk to in the first place........ I'm not 100% sure but think you'll find that requirements for Tuli are a little easier than for areas such as the Delta.

One of Us
Picture of Donny01
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve

Is it Armandt that you are helping? My employer seems to know one or two people but I want to find more out about what is needed for when i move the end of the year I want to have all the facts and needed information for appiship?

Just I have found no information about outfitters in that region? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Does botswana also require entrance exams?

Don Jooste & Doug Duckworth

doubledproductionsdon@gmail.com
doubledproductionsdoug@gmail.com
doubledproductionstara@gmail.com

Double D’ Productions

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It's difficult to find the info online but Graeme Pollock who posts here sometimes might be able to direct you to sources.

Armand did contact me and I think is also going to buy or has bought my ebook which would certainly be of use to you guys.

I think you have two problems. Firstly can you get an apprentiship and secondly, can you get a suitable visa and the answer to both is that neither are impossible IF (note the big IF) you have the support of your employer in the Tuli Block and IF he's prepared to talk to the relevant people in home affairs & possibly the game dept etc.

Send me an email or have your employer send me an email to shakari3@mweb.co.za and I'll see what else I can do.

Alternatively, try Graeme.