THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    To our Louisiana and East Texas friends...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To our Louisiana and East Texas friends...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Stay safe guys and gals, our prayers and thoughts are with y'all! Butch and the two Mike's plus Safarikid and others.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Just talked to Roscoe down Meraux, it don’t look good
I told him, Montana is always open for some time if he needs to get out

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Milan, don't encourage them.

Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico and especially Colorado barely survived the exodus from Cyclone Katrina in New Orleans years ago.

I never seen so many rebel flags in my life for the first year or two back home in Wyoming and Montana until the -30 and -100 windchill finally got rid of most of them.

Plenty of room in California, and I heard Detroit and Chicago have some new housing developments going up.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
What Russell said. tu2 Good luck and may God bless and protect you and yours. tu2

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Russell nailed it. We all need to keep them in our thoughts and prayers. It’s going to be a rough period down there, especially the next week.

Y’all be safe, get as far inland and as high as you can.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BWW:

What makes you think WE "almost"
survived that influx???

Whole lot of 'em still here yet.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6010 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Yes, please know that our thoughts and well wishes are with you.

Be safe, friends. This is the real thing.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To my friends on the east side of the Sabine, hope everyone is staying safe and dry.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Baton Rouge escaped. We are having some thunderstorms and had some gusts to I guess 40 during the night. Thanks for the prayers, Lake Charles and south of there got pounded.

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to determine so far as the Weather Channel blows even a small rain shower out of all proportions, but looks like LA did better than the talking heads and "experts" predicted, however, Lake Charles looks like it got hammered.

Stay Safe

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico and especially Colorado barely survived the exodus from Cyclone Katrina in New Orleans years ago.

I never seen so many rebel flags in my life for the first year or two back home in Wyoming and Montana until the -30 and -100 windchill finally got rid of most of them.

Plenty of room in California, and I heard Detroit and Chicago have some new housing developments going up.

What a dick attitude towards our fellow sportsmen... aren't you the guy who moves every year or so? Maybe your neighbors are none too excited about you showing up.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
The aftermath of a hurricane is not fun. Hope everyone down there stays safe and has minimal property damage. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the well wishes guys. My Lafayette home has no damage just lost power because neighbors tree fell on the line. Crew is there now getting us up and running.
I rode the storm out at my farm on the far East side of Avoyelles parish. We dodged a big bullet. Winds never exceeded 40 and we only got 4.3 “ rain. I rode the Ranger to the back to look at Soybeans and sugarcane and both crops were still upright and appear in good shape. We had been in a dry spell and they actually needed some rain. Also, checked my duck pond to see if the rice was still standing, yep gonna be pretty.

So we are back to our normal routine. Ate Gumbo for lunch, cooking a big pot of black eyed peas with Tasso and smoked deer sausage. My son in law is grilling some fresh grouper he caught at Venice, LA . Thinking about pouring a Bloody Mary. The sun is shining and wind is slowly letting up.

God is good.

Cheers

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
E Texas just got a little scratch.
About 1000 out of power (Lufkin) at 9:00 am this morning.
Louisiana took the brunt.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The coastal area in SW LA took a shellacking. My brother in law’s camp at Calcasieu Lake is probably gone. It wasn’t lifted up to fema standards. My coastal duck hunting buddies probably had a lot of damage to their camps if they are still there. Then there’s the damage to the duck feed. Salt water tidal surge kills the widgeon grass in the marsh, a favorite of the ducks. Those ducks will end up going North to the rice fields.

Pretty much a repeat of Rita.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
quote:

What a dick attitude towards our fellow sportsmen... aren't you the guy who moves every year or so? Maybe your neighbors are none too excited about you showing up.

I have lived in North and Central Florida multiple times while on active duty. I do not understand why someone would choose to live there because of the hurricanes.

The effects of a huge bump in population anywhere suck.

Dick or not, we have too many people as it is.

Wyoming got about 25-30,000 people. If you had a 5 percent increase in population in your state you wouldn't be happy.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
have lived in North and Central Florida multiple times while on active duty. I do not understand why someone would choose to live there because of the hurricanes.

The effects of a huge bump in population anywhere suck.

Dick or not, we have too many people as it is.

Wyoming got about 25-30,000 people. If you had a 5 percent increase in population in your state you wouldn't be happy.

Uh... Wyoming's population is around 600,000. And you're still a dick. I appreciate your service, but you seem to be a blowhard and a dick. Just my opinion of course.

And Texas has plenty of refugees moving in from other states.

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

25,000? I don't think so. Rebel Flags? Yeah, I bet all the poor black folks who were disproportionately replaced were flying them right and left.

Katrina Diaspora

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Hard to determine so far as the Weather Channel blows even a small rain shower out of all proportions, but looks like LA did better than the talking heads and "experts" predicted, however, Lake Charles looks like it got hammered.

Stay Safe

That's why it's called a prediction of a location and a worst case scenario rather than a fact. 2020
Besides the prediction was Lake Charles.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2812 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
It was a close call for us, but everything turned out fine. My home and business sustained virtually no damage and stayed dry.

Cameron, west side of Vermilion, and Calcasieu parishes took the brunt of the storm. Lake Charles is the largest city in the area and saw wind speeds of over 130 mph. Lots of damage in that area.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Hurricane Alicia hit a few days after I arrived at Houston.

It was not very pleasant.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's great news Mike. I was worried about you and your family, thanks for the update.

I know the feeling of relief first hand that a person gets when realizing that you didn't suffer loss of life or severe property damage from a hurricane.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

No hurricane is pleasant. I've lived on the Texas Gulf Coast my entire life and have been through a lot of them. Alicia was back in 1983. Houston skated this one, but our friends in Louisiana and far East Texas got hit. I wish them the best.

I represent insurance carriers and we anticipate a lot of claims. I know my clients' goal is to process these claims appropriately and as soon as possible. People need to understand that volume of claims slows down the process. The state Departments of Insurance have recognized that and make allowances. The folks that lawyer up immediately just delay the processing of their claims and have to share their recovery with a lawyer and/or a public adjuster.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote