THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Track Across Africa My hunt with Buzz

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Track Across Africa My hunt with Buzz
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Didn’t realize this was on....my hunt with CMS along with Tim Herald is currently airing on the Outdoor Channel. I only caught the last few minutes of it. Showing again Thursday 11:30pm , Sat and Sun...

Had a great time on this hunt! Walked a total of 75 miles to management bull. Tim took an OLD cow...so we did two hunts in one. Was really awesome to do this hunt side by side with a good friend...would highly suggest it! Buzz did loss a bet on timing...resulting in a shaved head! Don’t know if that’s on the show or not.

CMS Safari —- 1st class , 5 Star in my book.

Enjoy!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw it, really an excellent show. There is nothing to compare with hunting those eles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw it. I did not put two and two together.

My wife said that is how you finish an elephant in reference to the Trophy lack of finisher.

Good old bull. The bet and shaved head was on the show. Did you get to fish?

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Excellent show, watched it last night and congratulations. It looks like you hunted out of the same camp we did in Dande, Mururu although my hunt was with John Sharp years ago.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did get to fish on Day 10....pics email since I can’t with the whole photobucket thing.

Yep...same camp.

Skip Nantz

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I watched the show. I liked it.

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I too watched the show- it was pretty cool. Well done.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
DVR set!

Cant wait to watch it buddy.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night! Congrats to you and Tim!! I also liked seeing the part about the DAPU team they have.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Saw it, I though Outdoor Channel had a ban on elephant hunts? Dave F, what's the latest with the ban?

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice shot through the bush. Congratulations to you and also to Tim.

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Skip and Tim! Great shooting on both Eles.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched it on DVR today. Nice classic hunt and you worked for it the whole time.
Well done Skip

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Congrats Skip,
I know it really has been a long time coming.

What were you shooting?

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks..

470 NE. Chapuis. Cutting Edge Safari solid.

Skip Nantz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just caught it on the DVR.
Congrats on a great hunt, ethical, traditional and successful. It reflected very well on us all as elephant hunters. Thanks to all involved for that!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I missed it...I guess it will rerun in 3 months. It was a great hunt, and hard to beat hunting elephants in wild Africa with two long time friends. Skip made an absolutely incredible shot. As followup, Buzz's hair has made a strong comeback, but he in now having to use lots of gel to keep it under control... Big Grin

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just watched it on my DVR. Great show.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well done Skip!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Good show -- need more info re Buzz loosing his hair.

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I just pulled up episodes available on my Comcast X1 and there are only two: "Conservation - Hunting for the Truth" and "A Return to Nuanetsi pt 2".

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote