New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maritius
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have first hand experience with hunting in Maritius for Rusa Deer? We are looking at hunting with Le Chasseur Mauricien. How long did it take to get your trophies back? What were your freight fees to the US? Was there anything that you wish you would have known about prior to arriving in Maritius?

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hvrhunter,

I can't answer all your questions but Johnny du Plooy who is one my operators in Zambia said he had a wonderful hunt and vacation with Le Chasseur Mauricien. They are on my bucket list also.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have looked at that hunt too. I talked to them at DSC about a hunt without their accommodations as I wanted to stay elsewhere. They said they could work it out.

I would think the freight would be reasonable as Turkish flies there and they generally have cheap freight charges.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin375
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Mauritius with Lionel of "Le chasseur Mauricien" in august 2012 and had a great time. I shot a great stag, 2 spikers and a yound doe during my stay. At this time, I stayed in the Movenpick hotel which was perfect.
His taxidermist, Mr Farad Bhugeloo, did a wonderful job and I got my stag in shoulder mount for 450 € but It took a while to come back into France because I received it one year later, in august 2013.
I plan to return over there one day.

Yes I know. The flowery wallpaper is very ugly Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man....Lionel is a first rate guy all the way. If you're keen to go there, hunting with Lionel would be hard to beat!!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Lionel is the best known operator in Mauritius without doubt. He’s a good guy. My family is from there and I go there every year to do some hunting for myself and with clients. Exporting of trophies is very easy. I’d suggest you get your stag mounted in Mauritius if you were to get it mounted. Cost is roughly $600 for a shoulder mount and the guys there mount hundreds a yr. From experience it should take your trophies about 6-8 months for you to get, including the mounting process. Sometimes it’s quicker.Im sure you’ll have a great time there..

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Ivan Charoux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvrhunter:
Does anyone have first hand experience with hunting in Maritius for Rusa Deer? We are looking at hunting with Le Chasseur Mauricien. How long did it take to get your trophies back? What were your freight fees to the US? Was there anything that you wish you would have known about prior to arriving in Maritius?

Hi,
My name is Ivan Charoux and my company is Vacances Aventures Ltd.
I am an outfitter from Mauritius. With regards to your queries above, please feel free to contact me either on FB or thru my website.
www.vacancesaventures.com
Best Ivan

Hi,
Your story really touched me. If you & your wife Clara would like to come Rusa deer hunting as my guess in Mauritius, please contact me on: vacancesaventures.ilemaurice@gmail.com

Posts: 13 | Location: Mauritius | Registered: 01 November 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Thierry Labat a look. Very good.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank-you to all for your input