New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off topic - Pray for Their Families
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Another 2 fine men have died. Please pray for those who have died in order for us to have heat and light. As a mining safety professional, I find it unacceptable to continue to read about the fatalities in this industry. We have the technology to send men thousands of miles into space but cannot adequetly protect those who work 1000 feet below ground. I realize that all companies are in business to make a profit and that is what pays the salaries of the workers, but enough is enough. Make the mining companies acountable to protect our miners. The fire that took those mens lifes should have been avoided by daily workplace examinations followed up by corrective actions by their supervisors. I deal with the Mine Safety and Health Adminsitration (MSHA) on at least a quarterly basis, and I know how difficult they can be, but in all honestly I know they are trying to provide the safest possible workplace for the miners. I realize I may have posted this rant in the wrong forum but I also know that it is the most visited. I just want you all to realize where your heat, light and fuels come from and remember these poor lost souls and their families.

+ 150 Posts - Lost password in last switchover

Posts: 42 | Location: KCMO - But always an Okie | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Amen to them and thier families..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God have mercy on "Those in the trenches..."

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote