New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Greetings all. I was looking to do a Namibia rifle hunt within the next year. Looking for Gemsbok, Zebra, Kudu, Springbok, etc. Does anyone have a particular operation they really liked and could recommend? Anyones to avoid? Thanks

Posts: 54 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have some nice outfits available. One even offers coastal fishing. The game species your are looking for are readily available with my outfits. They operate on large conservances.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

I've been in Namibia for the past two weeks, leaving for home tomorrow. Its been a good hunt, shot three springbok, oryx, steenbok and duiker, all good trophies. I'm hunting with Uhlenhorst Safaris which is south of Windhoek and on the fringe of the Kalahari -beautiful place, nice people.

THeir homepage is: http://www.uhlenhorst.iway.na

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vaughan Fulton (he posts here) has a new tented camp on a 7000,000+ concession west of Etosha. Great Springbok, Gemsbok, Eland, Hartmans Zebra etc.. The camp has all the trimmings running water etc and a nice river side site. Sarah is a great cook to boot.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Vaughan Fulton's Classic Safaris as well. I posted a hunt report here.

There are a lot of positive reports on hunts in Namibia in the Hujnting Reports-Africa Forum. I picked Classic Safaris because I wanted a traditional tented camp in a remote area and was interested in trying to take a leopard.

Good luck finding the right hunt!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I also hunted with Vaughan Fulton this past May, and have nothing but good things to say about him, his area, camp, and staff. I'm scheduling another Safari with him in the Caprivi to hunt Cape Buffalo.

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I hunted Namibia with Francois Swanepoel in Aug. I had a wonderful experience. He runs a solo operation, so it's not the most elaborate or luxurious, more family style. Actually my postings here are the extent of his advertising in the US.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look no farther than Gras. We hunted there this past May and they treated us like family. Their main property has something like 100,000 acres and they hunt other area's if needed. Just a great operation.

Checkout their website at wwww.zingelasafaris.com

Posts: 158 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
I booked through Wendell here on this board and hunted the Gras Ranch in 2002. Accomodations were excellent - gained weight with the outstanding food - Christian family and PH - LOTS of excellent quality game - prices were very good - wonderful time! I would recommend them without hesitation.

Also, took the wife and she loved it!

Good luck.

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We hunted this summer with Safari West about an hour north of Windhoek. It is in an old world war 1 army baraks converted into a very nice home and hunting lodge. We took a 57 inch kudu along with a pile of other game. We were a party of 8 and took 65 head of big game. Almost all of them were SCI gold medal animals. There was an outside chance at a leopard for just trophy fees. I was lucky and took a nice one. Food was outstanding and the PH's were superb and became good friends in the days of hunting and the evenings of eating and kalten bieren. If you are interested I can get you contact info for The Detail Co. in Houston. They are the booking agents for Paul and Ingrid Mayer and Safari West. Good hunting. "D"

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I hunted 10 days this june took 14 animals, 3 gemsbuck, blue and black wildebeast, eland , 53" Kudu, red heartebeast, blesbuck, and a very old spring buck, 3 zebra. all but 3 of the horned aminals were gold medal animals.
Cost $9500.00 plus airfair. It was a great deal.
The food was 5 star, ck out http://www.keerwedersafaris.com . Brian Miller will taylor the hunt to your likeing,
You can see some of my throphys under Donnelly

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Here's another thumb for Vaughan. My dad and I had a wonderful safari with him last year in June. His plains game area is nearly one million acres of tribal conservancy. No fences, few roads, few people, tented camp - all the things that make a safari great. I believe he has another PH or two running that place now though as he has also gotten a concession in the Caprivi and is busy slaying buffalo and elephants there.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I was in Namibia in May of this year. I hunted Gras Ranch. Fantastic place, wonderful people, outstanding trophies.

Highly recommend. here is the website

http://www.zingelasafaris.com/

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.hunters-hq.com/index.asp

Mims Reed put together a great hunt for my son and I in 04. He was super to work with, and we hunted with wonderful hosts on a spectacular property. Can recommend without reservations. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Another plug for Vaughan Fulton. I had the same trophy list as you and was very pleased with the quality of the animals I took as well as the quality of the hunt. Here is the link to my hunt report. Namibian Hunt Report

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob C for the nice plug.
Tommygunn...I would be happy to work with you.
http://www.hunters-hq.com

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Vaughan. My first hunt was this past May and I took five great trophies. Vaughan is a super PH and his operation is first rate. You can't go wrong with him!!!
John

Posts: 155 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 10 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the great responses. The information here is, as always, invaluable.

Posts: 54 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give me a call and I will be glad to send you some brochures, I have several good safari companies in Nambia...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Christie de Souza out of Kamanjab is first rate .. free ranging varmints which is always great ! He might already be booked up for 2006. Helgaard van der Vuyver out of Okahandja is superb, also. thumb

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went on my first African safari this July. The outfitter was Jan Oelofse Safaris. Had a blast and got all my animals despite being a day late (SAA strike). Here's there website http://www.janoelofsesafaris.com

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.