New
Find
Notify
Tools

north fork bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
375 HH would north fork bullets be a good choice for plains game? 270 gr.?

Posts: 305 | Location: on the praire and liken it | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Just about any good bullet out of a 375 is a good plainsgame gun.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where can we buy these in Canada?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
You hit them and you got them..maximum destruction...still have a bullet to count on...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boatammo:
375 HH would north fork bullets be a good choice for plains game? 270 gr.?

I have used and tested the North Fork softs and they are the best soft point bullet out there in my opinion. You get all of the destructive power and reliable expansion of a lead core bullet, the weight retention of a bonded solid shank bullet, the the low pressures and reduced fouling of a driving band bullet.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 grains Thank You

Posts: 305 | Location: on the praire and liken it | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used exactly that loaded to 2770 fps in the 375. The one thing I really like about the NF is that they have quick expansion for the smaller game, but will retain 93% of the weight for great penetration. Also it doesn't hurt that the accuracy is great. A couple of days ago, I shot my .416 with 370 NF, shot a total of 6 3-shot groups at 100, the largest .810, the smallest .235. Pretty good for a rather large varmint rifle.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There ain't nothin' like shootin' jackals with a 375 H&H. I usually get one every time I go out.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote