THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    spectacular speech delivered at Theunis' Funeral

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

spectacular speech delivered at Theunis' Funeral
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
Imagine a wilderness area in Africa where hunters pay to hunt. Whereas nothing gets wasted, let’s be clear that they are not hunting because they are hungry, they hunt because they love hunting.

Imagine the animals they pay to hunt are old males and they view these as trophies. The money they pay to hunt these trophies sustains this area and without which, the wildlife would be lost to poaching.

Imagine that this position changed and the hunters shifted from hunting the old males on a sustainable basis, to where they shoot everything, to where there is nothing left.

Imagine that once there is nothing left, the area is no longer economically viable as a hunting area and the decision is taken to remove the indigenous habitat and replace it with rows and rows of alien vegetation.

Imagine that this is how a field is made, where no life is intended to be left, no animals, no birds, no indigenous vegetation and where even the insects are poisoned.

Imagine that anti-hunters view hunters as murderers.

Imagine that, by the same measure, a field can only represent a wildlife holocaust.

Imagine this is where the food and clothes for most, including the anti-hunters, originates from.

Imagine that there are places which are even more irreparably damaged then fields. Places which lie deep under tons of concrete. Cities.

Imagine that principles are only principles when you are prepared to pay for them.

Imagine that you only see what a person really values when you strip the words away and look at where they are prepared to spend their hard earned money.

Imagine that anti-hunters spend their hard earned money on fields and cities.

Imagine the staggering hypocrisy of a person who elects to fund wildlife holocausts yet sees fit to criticize hunters.

Imagine challenging them to factually contradict the above position.

Imagine they cant.

Imagine the best they can do is insult.
We knew Theunis well. He had a degree in psychology and anthropology. He was an extremely intelligent man who understood people and the world. Out of fear of association, it would have troubled him immensely that confused hypocrites(who can’t prove they are not) would have spoken well of him. The reversal of this position is that it is complimentary that they speak badly of him. He would have wanted it no other way.

Message from Theunis’s friends directed to his detractors and to those who may not have had the privilege of knowing him.

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
Ivan, thank you for posting this.

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Interesting way of framing the debate and proving the sustainability of what we, as hunters do, and what those who only criticize, don't. Thanks Ivan.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
Yes simply the very best format of the argument I have ever read - exceptional !

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful. Thanks for posting that, Ivan

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My head bows. I did not know the gentleman, this epitaph says all I need to know of him. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can in fact judge a man by his friends, Theunis must have been a good one.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10396 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Thanks for posting Ivan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you Ivan for that post.

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
My head bows. I did not know the gentleman, this epitaph says all I need to know of him. Thank you for sharing.

Beautifully penned!

+1

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfect!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks for posting

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brilliant. I have forwarded to many, hunters and antis. does this appear anywhere else? It may do more good to forward from someplace other than a hunting site.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marty:
Brilliant. I have forwarded to many, hunters and antis. does this appear anywhere else? It may do more good to forward from someplace other than a hunting site.

Marty, it is on Ivan's Facebook page as well

https://www.facebook.com/ivanc...GES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding....

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Well said.

We hunters are part of nature. Fully invested, both spiritually and financially.

Anti-hunters are non-participants, observers only.

Like the audience at a movie.

For them, nature is a mere diversion.

This powerful eulogy takes that truth one step further, and points out that the anti-hunters actually do more in their daily lives to destroy nature than sustain it.

Shame on them.

And Bravo to Theunis.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote